DEEP CREEK

FARMS100

I will be in Bryson city for the weekend a campground on the deep crk. I would like to know if the fishing is going to be any good. We will be hiking up the trail a bit 1-2 miles, thanks for any infro.
AL

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It can be great or not, depending on the weather, water flow, and your fishing skills. Deep Creek is chock full of trout, but they are wild fish, get a lot of fishing pressure, and are not always easy to catch. This isn't the best time of year, but the fish are there and you can catch them if you figure them out that day. The further up you go, the better you will do. You will have to hike past Indian Creek at least to get past the durn throngs of tubers this time of year. I would fish the main creek early and late, or they may hit good all day if you get some cloud cover or drizzle.

FARMS100

We can fish in a lot of places , up in deep crk,also the tuck coming thru town I think is pretty good too. Maybe up indain crk is another choice, or we could go yo Cherokee and fish too.
THANKS AL

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The tuck was very high and running red clay mud Sunday when I came by. Maybe it’ll clear up by the weekend.

FARMS100

I hate to say we camped on deep creek and fish there as the walk to get above the floaters was a mile up the creek. We hiked up there just hikeing to indian falls and
we would have to go more to fish, so the next morning we went to NANTAHALA and I got 1- 12" brown, On my way to Bryson city I took a 1/2 hour on the NANTAHALA and caught 2 nice trout before going on. I talked to young man with a flyrod when we were coming down from hike He told us he walked fast for 1 hour to get above the rafters. He got 2 small trout 4-6" long. I told him they were not stocked and that made him happy.
HAD A NICE TRIP AL