Deer Hunt Morgan County Pennington

Jrashop

Anyone here ever hunted in Madison, GA...Morgan County the Pennington Seed Company Property? I might have an opportunity to hunt it and was wondering what it was like. Also, when do the deer tend to rut in that area?
Thanks for your time!

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
If you find a 4 1/2 year old buck he won’t be little around there.
Not sure how you get permission or find a 4 1/2 year old buck though!:huh: Early November ain’t bad timing.

Josh B

I would be all over that. I've seen pictures from a guy that has been multiple times and his kill pictures.

TomC

Not much help to you but I did 30+ years ago as a teenager on several occasions. I hunted there a few times with my dad as dad worked for a company they did business with. I can remember staying at their farm house and the hospitality was top notch. My dad shot a buck on one of the their Alfalfa fields which was just to the left off of the 1st Madison exit on I-20. I still drive by that field occasionally and it always reminds me of the buck dad shot. I can also remember on time it was raining and no one was out hunting but I decided to go for a walk with the idea of just sittin on the ground for a while. Problem was I sat on an ant pile. Probably and hopefully the only ant pile that will remain in my memory for the rest of my life but I do think of that ant pile atleast once every fall. On another occasion probably around 1985 "ish" give or take before we actually got the opportunity to hunt there I can remember riding around Morgan County with my dad as he was looking to buy some hunting land and we were on this dirt road and an older fella in a beat up old pickup truck stopped beside us. Turned out to be Brooks Pennington. Probably one of the wealthiest men in the state driving this old truck, just as nice as he could be, talked to us for a good while, gave dad insight on land in the county and then went on his way. Ironically dad didn't buy land in Morgan County because it was too expensive. I think it was running around $800 / acre give or take in Morgan and he ended up buying in Wilkes where it was going for around $375 / acre. How about those prices!!!!! Sorry to ramble on just brought out some memories. Enjoy your hunt and Morgan is still one of the best counties in the state to shoot a big un!

Hunter922

We hunt Morgan near Hard Labor.. You can bet a 4 or 5 Yr old is worth seeing.. we have 3 yr olds that will make you come to full draw quick....

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I have been a couple of times with my grandson on youth hunts. The proprty is beautifully maintained and there is a much better than average chance that you will see a huge deer. Take the chance if you get it.

Latest posts