Deer processing at home.

rosewood

I have a small food saver that was given to me a few years back. It has always worked. Noticed it was getting noisy. Took it apart and found out the vacuum pump mount broke. Rigged it up with some longer screws and it is quieter now. It is aggravating if you go to fast and it gets hot, it will make you wait for it to cool before you can vaccum again. I went ahead and bought an Entrige brand (seems like 70-80$) off of Amazon because I have always feared the foodsaver would give up the ghost in the middle of a deer. I use both now, lets me run twice as fast as I am less likely to have to wait for it to cool down. They both have the temperature delay.

I also use the rolls, they are cheaper than the pre-cut ones and I can cut to fit as I choose. I also bought them in bulk off Amazon, keeps the cost down.

Rosewood

paulito

Yeah, i also buy the rolls. Have had good success with the Cabelas big box roll that has the cutter built into the lid. Pull out how much you need for each bag and cut it right there off the box. Their bag roll seems a bit more robust too. I have torn or punctured some of the cheaper ones.

twtabb

I let my cool down after sealing a bag. The sealing strip will over heat and not seal correctly. Mine is a food saver brand. My old one stopped sealing because of this.

brownceluse

I’ve had a Weston 2300 for a few years now and it is AWESOME. Use it in deer, fish, garden veggies and other stuff. I buy the Weston bags. They come in different sizes depending on what you need.
You’ll still be using it years from now. I think my uncles is over 20 years old.