Different Gospels

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
That we may see another example of “testing the things that differ” we quote several verses of Scripture for comparison and contrast.

“THESE TWELVE JESUS SENT FORTH, AND COMMANDED THEM, SAYING, GO NOT INTO THE WAY OF THE GENTILES, AND INTO ANY CITY OF THE SAMARITANS ENTER YE NOT: “BUT GO RATHER TO THE LOST SHEEP OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL.“AND AS YE GO, PREACH, SAYING, THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS AT HAND. “HEAL THE SICK, CLEANSE THE LEPERS, RAISE THE DEAD, CAST OUT DEVILS; FREELY YE HAVE RECEIVED, FREELY GIVE,” Matthew 10:5 to 8.​

“AND YE SHALL BE HATED OF ALL MEN FOR MY NAME’S SAKE: BUT HE THAT ENDURETH TO THE END SHALL BE SAVED.” Matthew 10:22.​

"AND THEY DEPARTED AND WENT THROUGH THE TOWNS, PREACHING THE GOSPEL, AND HEALING EVERYWHERE." Luke 9:6​

“According to the glorious Gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.” I Timothy 1:11.​

“Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach’s sake and thine often infirmities”. I Timothy 5:23.​

“WHO HATH SAVED US, AND CALLED US WITH AN HOLY CALLING, NOT ACCORDING TO OUR WORKS, BUT ACCORDING TO HIS OWN PURPOSE AND GRACE, WHICH WAS GIVEN US IN CHRIST JESUS BEFORE THE WORLD BEGAN, “BUT IS NOW MADE MANIFEST BY THE APPEARING OF OUR SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST, WHO HATH ABOLISHED DEATH, AND HATH BROUGHT LIFE AND IMMORTALITY TO LIGHT THROUGH THE GOSPEL.” II Timothy 1:9 and 10.​

The Scriptures quoted from Matthew and Luke tell us of the Gospel message and Gospel program of the twelve apostles while their King and Messiah was in their midst. The Gospel which they were commanded to preach is called, in Matthew and Luke, “the Gospel of the kingdom.” “And they departed and went through the towns, preaching the Gospel and healing everywhere”. The Gospel, was the fact that Israel’s King had arrived with kingdom blessings and national deliverance for that people, preserved and protected by the Abrahamic Covenant.​

The covenants that God made with Israel guaranteed to them peaceful possession of Canaan, under the reign of the true King David. The people were to have new hearts, and enjoy temporal prosperity, and physical health. According to the 35th chapter of Isaiah, that kingdom was to be inaugurated with mighty signs, by the hands of the Messiah. Therefore, the Twelve were to say, “The kingdom of heaven is at hand.” And they were to prove it by healing the sick, raising the dead, casting out demons, cleansing the lepers. They were to be saved by enduring to the end.

After these Messengers had been proclaiming this kingdom message for two years, their Messiah told them of His death and resurrection, recorded in Luke 18:31 to 34, which would be the basis of the Gospel of the grace of God which was to be preached later on by the Apostle Paul. By reading these verses, in the eighteenth chapter of Luke, you will observe that the twelve apostles had not the slightest understanding of the things spoken by Christ concerning His death, burial and resurrection.

"Then he took unto him the twelve, and said unto them, Behold, we go up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of man shall be accomplished. For he shall be delivered unto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully entreated, and spitted on: And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again. And they understood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken" Luke 18:31-34

Let us compare the statement in Matthew 10:5, the words of the Lord Jesus to the Twelve, “Go not into the way of the Gentiles”, with the statement of the Lord Jesus to the Apostle Paul, recorded in Acts 22:21, “I will send thee far hence unto the Gentiles”.

Now let us note carefully the fact in I Timothy 1:11, Paul’s words in connection with the Gospel of glory. He said, “Committed to my trust”. We should never fail to catch the significance of the “my”. It does not say “our trust”. In other Scriptures Paul uses the expression, “my gospel”. In II Timothy 2:2 we learn that Paul was committing to Timothy the Gospel and the Mystery truth which the Lord had committed to him. But Timothy did not go as did the Twelve, preaching the Gospel everywhere and healing, for he, himself, was told to take a physical remedy for his own sickness. I Timothy 5:23. And Timothy could look at Paul himself suffering with his physical infirmities and know that there had been a change in the Gospel message and Gospel program since the days of the Twelve on earth with Christ. Timothy was not instructed to preach, “the kingdom of heaven is at hand”, for it was not then at hand as it was in Matthew 10:7. He was not proclaiming a message of national deliverance to Israel. Neither was Timothy instructed to tell any one to endure unto the end in order to be saved. He was told that they were saved not by enduring unto the end; not by any of their works; but by the grace and purpose of God given them in Christ Jesus (before the foundation of the world. II Timothy 1:9.

In the Gospel according to Luke we cannot find a message which Christ spoke directly to a single Gentile until He stood before Pilate. The Roman centurion, in the seventh chapter, received a physical blessing for His servant, because he had built a synagogue for Israel. And the elders of Israel interceded in his behalf. Luke 7:1 to 8.

In the Book of Matthew the word “grace” is not found. It is difficult in that Book to find the Gospel of the grace of God for an individual Gentile sinner. In that Book the Lord Jesus Christ was under the law with His Nation, with a ministry of confirmation, in accordance with Romans 15:8. The message of salvation is covered with so much Judaism that it takes an expert exegete to uncover it. Whereas, the message of pure grace is so clearly set forth in Paul’s Epistles to Timothy, that it seems a spiritual crime for any preacher to present the mixture of the two messages to a poor lost sinner, who must be saved by grace, and grace alone.

From this we see the importance of obeying Hebrews 6:1, which we quote: “Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection”.

“If by grace, it is no more of works.” Romans 11:6.

Pastor J.C. O'Hair

Israel

BANNED
If one wants to base the whole of their theology that no one was instructed to preach the Gospel beyond, or except to, the people of Israel until Paul received such instructions, this remains true:

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Or that the word "grace" is absent (though it surely is not) from any or some of the Gospels:

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Or even that Paul spoke more plainly, or indeed so plain as to not be able to be un-grasped:

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost

and

I could not speak to you as unto spiritual but as unto carnal

Or that only Paul taught and understood that to any man his own will is ineffectual to the reality of salvation, that it is all dependent upon the will of another for salvation that no man find himself able to maneuver himself "into the grace of God":

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Any contention that Jesus either kept, or was kept, to some sort of less spiritual ministry than any who would follow, (Yes! even Paul) to some sort of framework confined as only under "the law" have not heard what He has said. This requires no wonderful exegete, nor "special" revelation as though some revelation were ever not in its reception special, or that (God forbid!) the words of Jesus Christ are themselves less than "spirit and life", then one has yet to hear:

Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

I do so dearly love that Paul was unflagging as a champion of the grace of God. But nothing is added by my love of him, anymore than his sure place can be shaken even if I were to deride. He finished his race, he kept the faith, knowing that the gospel he was given to deliver was indeed first delivered to him as gift..to him.

His dispensing was first ministered to himself...as one so staunchly once persuaded as only trust could be found in the following of the law, which he came to then see by the strange work of sin led him to only glory in his own flesh of will worship. He understood how sin took occasion, even by what is "holy and just and good" to snare a man.

How blessed it was to himself to learn he was already crucified with Christ...and then be able to see as he saw, the lover of his soul.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

That "for me" is delivered to those who receive Him, and they will not be ashamed to then be engaged in the preaching of "their gospel".

Last edited:

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
While Christ was on earth He was a Jew under the law practicing Judaism and fulfilling the covenant promised made to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and David.

Romans 15:8 "Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers"

Just as Peter was a minister to the circumcision and the eleven afterward and it was to the Jew and they only preached to the Jew and proselytes of Judaism.

Acts 11:19 "Now they which were scattered abroad upon the persecution that arose about Stephen travelled as far as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none but unto the Jews only"

The only exception was when Peter was sent to Cornelius and that was after Paul's conversion and he was not preaching that Christ had died for their sins.

The message they preached was the Gospel of the Kingdom, the gospel of the circumcision. This was that Jesus was the CHRIST and that is what they had to believe, that he was their messiah and that he was their King.

John 1:49 "Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel"

This was all according to prophesy throughout the old testament. There is no gospel of the Grace of God that Individuals are identified in Christ death, burial and resurrection until it was revealed to Apostle Paul and that is why he calls it the revelation of the mystery. It was hid in God until time to be revealed and that was after Israel was set aside in unbelief.

Romans 16:25 "Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to MY gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began"

1 Timothy 1:15,16 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I (PAUL) am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me FIRST Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.

No repent and be water baptized in Paul's gospel of Grace once Israel was set aside. Israel was still under the law practicing Judaism and They had to repent for murdering their Messiah and King and that was what Peter was preaching to them and if the whole nation had repented, Christ would have came back then and this would have been all according to prophesy.

But God knew they would not and that is why he called up Paul afterward and sent him to the Gentiles to provoke Israel to jealousy and it was a mystery or a better word secret until God was ready to make it known through the Apostle Paul.

Paul's gospel to the gentiles is not repent and be baptized, It is that Christ died for our sins and was raised from the dead for our justification and it's all by faith in his blood.

There is only one baptism that is in effect today and that is the Holy Spirit baptizing the believer into Christ death, burial and resurrection.

1 Corinthians 12:13 "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4-6 "There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord, one faith, one BAPTISM, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all

1 Corinthians 1:17 "For Christ sent me (PAUL) not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect"

The Gospel of the Kingdom committed unto Peter and the Eleven and the Gospel of the Grace of God committed to Paul are entirely different. The one deals with covenant promises made to Israel, the other with Israel set aside and God dealing with individuals (Gentile or Jew) with both set aside in unbelief till they hear the good news of the Apostle Paul and believe.

Romans 2:16"In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my (Paul's) gospel"

We are to follow the Apostle Paul as he followed Christ

1 Corinthians 4:15-17 "For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.
For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved son, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of MY WAYS which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church"

Philippians 3:17-19 "Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample. (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things"

1 Thess 1:6 "And ye became followers of us, and of the Lord, having received the word in much affliction, with joy of the Holy Ghost"

Last edited:
Reactions: srb

Israel

BANNED
I know that I open myself to accusation in any expression of "red words/black words." I am able to bear it, not because I am in any way strong of myself, nor that I am in any hope of "standing" more upon the red words, God knows; but that I am wholly persuaded whether red or black none are received apart from revelation graciously given by God's Spirit to salvation. Their recognition of source requires gift of that source to recognize that source.

In that sense it is not only that "God speaks", but no less, graciously comes down to provide understanding of His speech. God need not provide to any an explanation of Himself, nor of His speaking, for there can be no hand wringing compelling for God to be understood, nevertheless in His manifest commitment (Jesus Christ being His fully plain and full investment in man) that even so, He lowers Himself even further through the gift of His Spirit in service to an understanding of what is made so fully plain.

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with
our eyes, which we looked upon and have touched with our hands,

Jesus needs no man's testimony.

But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

It is man needing Christ's testimony.

And lest one (such as myself) be in any way accused of seeking to diminish the "black words" of Paul by some (seeming) favor of the red words or some placing them as superior (as though they are not of the same spirit), well, truly, I cannot be concerned about such accusations. So be it.

But I will say there is nothing in the black words, not found in, and from, the red words. There are great expositions, great considerations into the "red words" for their significance and meaning in explanation, but in every matter, provided only by the Spirit. It is God's grace in all, that the red words be spoken to what is without excuse, and even the black words to what has no excuse...for not receiving the "red" words.

We may see why it was significant that Jesus Christ made plain His ability to bear slander against Himself, but blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is not. For one is then found, not only in dismissal of the One (Jesus Christ) who humbled Himself to serve the Father's testimony, but that Spirit who is further humbled to "not speak of Himself" but bear the testimony of Jesus Christ (if you can "the humblest of the humble") God will not suffer to be blasphemed.

Kicking a man is one thing, kicking a baby, quite another in human terms.

To make any assumption that there is an ignorance "in the gospels" (Here meaning Matt/Mark/Luke/John) that Jesus is this:

Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.

19He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.

20A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.

21And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.
Matt 12

That Jesus is alone all the hope any in the world might know...or that it is unstated till Paul is manifestly untrue.

Paul's not being sent to baptize is often made of much significance as though now he were eschewing baptism's of once he admitted to. The household of Stephanus.
He was merely clarifying his calling, as one not sent to baptize any more than he was called to be set aside for the "pastoring" of a single local congregation.

As for making so much (to a seeming exclusionary measure) of his beneficial instruction:

Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

I am reminded of his own words:

Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

And if we are careful we do not find the "red words" limited to the Gospels. We are admonished to "first works", much encouragement to enduring...even to death, and many many commands to repent, which in no way are found contradictory to Paul's instructions.

I believe He who "speaks from Heaven" spoke no less through Paul and of such glorious matters that I (and any) would be foolish to find him coming behind in such matters.

Nevertheless, because of God's great grace found in Jesus Christ, and His willingness in provision to such excessive abundance of mercy, that were a man appointed to find no more than this:

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

or

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

or

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

or

Whatever word or words of Christ he might be appointed to find in faith that God would not, does not withhold from that desire of faith "that I may know Him" the fullest exposition of Christ within.

I fear (if fear be the right word) that of the fullest buffet ever set before creation some would say "you are to eat here...others...eat there..." and find themselves of that very thing of which they believe Peter stood rightly accused to the establishment of Paul's supremacy.

For I suppose I was not a whit behind the very chiefest apostles.

But also

For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
The revelation of the mystery

Israel

BANNED
I think too much more of my contending would appear to you, and perhaps even some others, as a seeking to diminish the ministry of brother Paul, which God forbid I do.

I am so much indebted to Paul by the work the Lord had done in Him to help me see that in matters of ministry, in matters of revelation, in matters of being conformed by the Spirit, the gift to the man exceeds any and all appraisals any man may have in regards to any gift supplied through himself to any others.

I cannot take any issue with the patience God demonstrated through Paul, the grace God demonstrated through Paul, the forbearance and entrance into sufferings on behalf of the church God demonstrated through Paul, but my reading of the word "first" is far different than yours brother.

Where you seem to make Paul of primacy by that word, and I have met very many over the years willing to grant Paul a preeminence of place in almost all matters pertaining to the church and therefore the Lord's body and bride, I do not.

I read that "first" wherever it appears as Paul's understanding that he ministered no farther, and could not, than what had first been ministered to him. If he ministered grace...it was solely because he came to see, first, how much grace to himself was ministered. Patience, no less. Which is to me, why he explicitly spoke that such a saying was a faithful testimony and worthy of all acceptation.

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am chief.

Another brother put it this way, who, no less than Paul understood it was not for any man to convince any other that "that" man occupied the place of chiefest of sinners, he would either be brought to it or not...as gift to show the "for whom" Christ died and gave himself.

I am convinced our preaching till then holds a defect unseen, a proposition not uttered, but there...that "the other man" is in more need of Christ...and then is preached to by the man with surfeit. But it is quite the other way round, we preach esteeming others better than ourselves, worthy of hearing the gospel and not as those to whom we toss crumbs of life, out of our excess in basket. It is a strange place to us to occupy, and no man is given or can take such occupation to himself...except of the Lord. This is why Paul came to declare those of whom he himself was debtor. In his need to discover bread to their life, he was forced to see his own need...and there, who alone was of supply of grace.

Anyway, this other brother said it well:

“If you have ever seen yourself in the mirror of God Almighty’s holiness, you never saw a man that you didn’t think was better than you.” ~ Rolfe Barnard

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Prophecy and Mystery

Israel

BANNED
8:08 "Jesus and the 12 said nothing about a church age."

I'm beginning to whiff a scent of antisemitism.

Be a jew, just not merely outwardly.

Last edited:

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
He's speaking of the body of Christ which is strictly Pauline revelation. Anybody who cannot see the difference between the gospel of the kingdom and the gospel of the grace of God which was revealed by God through the Apostle Paul is blind.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Prophecy and the Mystery

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Prophecy and the Mystery

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Prophecy and the Mystery

Israel

BANNED
Prophecy and the Mystery

@2:17 We are in these days.

The days that started at the day of Pentecost continue. And do so and will to the Day of the Lord.

Do you know what doesn't matter at all? Whether a man say "I believe in the gifts and workings of the Holy Spirit" or "I don't believe in the gifts and workings of the Holy Spirit".

Men will dream dreams, men will have visions. sons and daughters will prophecy, and the Lord who ministers them by His Spirit is not asking "but will you allow me to...?"

And every house of cards is being swept away, every system to which men have given themselves, in theologies, in their comfortable doctrines, in rules and regulation of practice and self promotion is buckling. Men's hearts failing them for fear of those things they will see coming upon the earth. All that has been erected in vain of hopes of keeping the Lord at bay are just tinder to ignite as He draws near for judgment.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Pentecost was Jewish and under the Kingdom Gospel that was temporarily postponed until a future date until the Body of Christ (Mystery) is complete and raptured off this earth. We are in the dispensation of Grace which was hidden until revealed by our resurrected Lord through the Apostle Paul. We are in a parenthetical period that Interrupts Prophecy which is the Mystery. Prophecy deals with Israel and the covenant promises which were earthly. The Mystery is the Body of Christ and heavenly and deals mainly with Gentiles.

Israel

BANNED
and deals mainly with Gentiles.

He therefore that ministereth to you the Spirit, and worketh miracles among you, doeth he it by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in.

The parenthetical period is shown here between Romans 11:25 and 11:26. The fullness of the Gentiles, body of Christ (Rapture and the Mystery). All Israel saved afterward (prophecy)

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:

Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! Romans 11:25-33

Israel

BANNED
Yes. There has been a prevalence of activity amongst the Gentiles, but with no exclusion of any child of Israel.

And this has been in the wisdom of God who is rich in mercy to any who call upon His name.
But make no mistake as to the many...and those in particular who have enjoyed their vain imaginations while pointing out from endless pulpits and lecterns how that "the Jews" failed so miserably in their covenant, sermonizing of their apostasies, thinking themselves so superior "in Christ". Never seeing themselves, never apprehending that God had determined some to be examples for the sakes of those to follow...not to think themselves better...but in all of common flesh as they.

To take admonition from those judgments in fear...that as surely as God used them for demonstration to those "upon whom the end of the ages have come" we would not be proud, but tremble.

You see, one cannot take benefit from a man made an example...and then take any opportunity to find place of superiority, derision, or reviling. If God has purposed to use a people...or a man "for example"...and another believes they have taken the lesson to heart...woe to the man who thinks he can then add his own aspersions. It just shows he has learned nothing.

To thank God for the thief, liar, traitor, faithless or conniving upon whom God has revealed His judgments to our (or any man's) sobriety is all in response a man can lawfully have. He is forbidden in Christ from then any perverse pleasure found in thinking himself better. A man may learn from his own exquisitely painful lessons if he cares not to thank God for the one who stumbled or fell for the sake of his observation and thence learning.

But many yet consider themselves in somewhat superior estate than the Jew, not knowing the "blindness in part" is ordained to their own salvation...if they can but find the mercy to minister by Spirit, to those by God, made blind.

"Which man sinned" they asked "that this man was born blind".

Always the wrong question.

The one who worked miracles among the (gentile) Galatians has not "gone anywhere"...nor is His work and workings of power in any way limited.

God forbid the man say "I do not see the work, I do not know or hear of any such thing" and then fabricate silly doctrines to justify lest he find himself (because he has not taken lesson) in that same place so plainly stated in the scripture of where it seemingly appeared the power of Christ could not be manifest. Not because Christ was without power...but their own unbelief.

And he could not work many miracles there because of unbelief.

Better to take a lesson, than speak against the power of the Holy Spirit.

Better to discover the grace to say "Even though I have not seen, I believe"

And if this is not yet seen as better...it will be.

Last edited:

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Yes. There has been a prevalence of activity amongst the Gentiles, but with no exclusion of any child of Israel.

That is correct and exactly what Romans 11:32 states.

"For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all"

In Christ earthly ministry the message (Kingdom Gospel) deals with covenant promises made to Abraham, Issac, Jacob and David which is what Romans 15:8 written by the Apostle Paul verifies: "Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision (JEWS) for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers"

And this same Kingdom gospel is what the 12 Apostles were preaching and is dealing with covenant promises.

They believed what they had to believe and do what was required at that time, that Jesus was the Christ the Son of God, repent and be baptized.

The gospel that must be believed now is that Chris died for ours sins and was raised from the dead for our justification. This was not revealed until it was revealed to Paul to reveal to all now and was kept secret until the Lord wanted it revealed.

The Apostle Paul takes ALL back to Adam and shows all are dead in sin and no difference in Jew or Gentile. Christ's earthly ministry does not go back to Adam but to the covenant promises, back to Abraham and the fathers.

Israel

BANNED
I find Peter not falling behind in any exposition to Cornelius, do you?

The word which God sent unto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Jesus Christ: (he is Lord of all) That word, I say, ye know, which was published throughout all Judaea, and began from Galilee, after the baptism which John preached; How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him. And we are witnesses of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a tree: Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before of God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

NoOne

Gone but not forgotten.
Peter preached the Kingdom gospel to Cornelius and his house and they believed that Jesus was the Christ (Messiah) which was prophesied throughout the old testament scriptures. He did not preach that Christ died for their sins and was raised for their justification, it had not been revealed yet as it was a revelation given to Paul.

You can also see when comparing Acts 2:38 to Acts 10:44 that a reversal of things occur.

Acts 2:38 "Then Peter said unto them (Israelite's), Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost"

Acts 10:44,45 "To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word"

Notice that Israel in Acts 2 had to repent and be baptized before they could receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. In Acts 10 the Spirit fell on Cornelius and company (Gentiles) without first repenting and being baptized.

Prior to this Saul was saved in Acts 9 and given the commission to go to the gentiles. The Lord showed Peter that now a change was coming but it was a hard thing for a devout Jew to except and can be clearly seen when studying the book of Galations as they of the circumcision (Jews that believed in Christ) were still clearly practicing Judaism when Peter separated himself from the gentile believers and had to be rebuked by the Apostle Paul.

Galations 2:11-16

But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision.

And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation.

But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.