Do you pray in restaurants?

Do you give thanks before meals in restaurants?

• No, I never do.

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • No. I do at home or in private but not in public.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Yes I do, but it is discreet and wouldn't be perceptible.

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Yes I do, and it's obvious to those would happen to look my way.

Votes: 38 65.5%

• Total voters

frankwright

My wife and I were eating in a resturant a few weeks ago. A young couple came in and I looked because the young girl was breathtakingly beautiful.

They sat down across from us and when their food came, he took off his ball cap and they put their heads together and prayed quietly.

It really took me by surprise and kind of renewed my faith in todays young kids who get an undeserved bad rap most of the time.

Dudley Do-Wrong

I defer to Romans 1:16 which starts out "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ".

I don't make a huge show of it when in public. I have been asked to pray at large gatherings at work before a group meal which I was honored at the chance to glorify God before others. When at a resturant, I pray for the family, loud enough for my family to hear but not everyone in the resturant. I don't particularly care what anyone thinks or says about it. I serve God and seek to please Him, not man.

Walkie Takie

giving thank's for food

alway's any where any time , at home , work or in wood's alway's give thank's for the food you are about to eat////////// w/t

wildlands

If I am with my wife and we are out to eat, we always join hands and I pray out loud. Mind you it is to were we can hear and maybe those that are very close but always out loud. If I am alone it sometimes out loud but most of the time it is to my self.

Ga-Spur

GeauxLSU ; How do you know that . I don't see anything to indicate it. Does it just show on your computer?

Last edited:

gtaff

Banned
When I was a kid we said a prayer every meal. Even in public we joined hands and my dad blessed the food. Not a big deal just joined hands and dad prayed. I do sometimes now that i am grown but do not make a big deal of it.

Arrowslinger

At home we always do sometimes we even have a long loud song/prayer we do mostly for the kids benefit which they enjoy. Sometimes though when I notice people in restaurants praying silently as a family I wish we would start but that really isn't our custom.

H

HT2

Yes.....

I do....

But, it's indescretely.......

I mean, if someone saw me.....They would know what I was doin'...... :)