Does the Earth have freewill?

Artfuldodger

The creation waits in eager expectation for the revelation of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will, but because of the One who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.

I believe that creation or creature to be Israel or the Gentiles and not mother earth. The creature or creation here has attributes that aren't of an inanimate object.

Somehow also we must work in Paul's revelation of revealing the sons. The other New Covenant saints as well.

Hebrews 5:8
Even though Jesus was God's Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered.

I think that if Jesus can do this, so can we. We share humanity. We can "learn." Jesus, even though he was God's Son learned.
We can learn to be obedient. We can learn love. We can learn to help.

The earth's creation, secrets, and revelations help us learn through suffering. Hurricanes give us opportunities to love and help. They teach us humility. God reveals secrets from the earth to overcome the suffering from the same earth.
Diseases from the earth, medicines to overcome from the earth.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

Magnetosphere
The earth is a giant magnet. It uses it's rotation, it's molten inner core, and it's hard upper mantle to produce a magnetic field. This field extends into our atmosphere and protects us from solar radiation.

Assuming man has no free will, God would have to reveal this secret to him when he deemed man needed this information. God would have to reveal the necessary science for man to understand this secret the way man understands it.

One can't say man made up science to understand God's creation if said man doesn't have free will. Therefore God, the Great Architect of the Universe, had to create using science.
This is not to say that he had to but merely he chose to. This is not to say that he designed things this way after he created them out of thin air.
He may have willed everything into existence knowing beforehand that he would use science as an explanation after creation.

He didn't have to but he did. Then these secrets were slowly revealed to man directly from God over time. Early man did not need or understand science but as God's secrets became more complex, God then provided science to man.

Man had no free will to think any of this up on his own so God would have to provide the means and the way.

Israel

BANNED
I believe that creation or creature to be Israel or the Gentiles and not mother earth. The creature or creation here has attributes that aren't of an inanimate object.

Somehow also we must work in Paul's revelation of revealing the sons. The other New Covenant saints as well.

Hebrews 5:8
Even though Jesus was God's Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered.

I think that if Jesus can do this, so can we. We share humanity. We can "learn." Jesus, even though he was God's Son learned.
We can learn to be obedient. We can learn love. We can learn to help.

The earth's creation, secrets, and revelations help us learn through suffering. Hurricanes give us opportunities to love and help. They teach us humility. God reveals secrets from the earth to overcome the suffering from the same earth.
Diseases from the earth, medicines to overcome from the earth.

I think I understand the matter you raise to that response. (Which deals with matters [I believe] beyond just the Earth)
But be that as it may.
But even if it did, deal with "just Earth" and your objection is based upon that which is highlighted above, why is the title of this thread such as it is?

Artfuldodger

I think I understand the matter you raise to that response. (Which deals with matters [I believe] beyond just the Earth)
But be that as it may.
But even if it did, deal with "just Earth" and your objection is based upon that which is highlighted above, why is the title of this thread such as it is?

I think free will concerning the earth may have also been a wrong choice of words. What I mean does the earth do what it does within the confines of God's will, laws, and restraints? The earth can't will itself to stop spinning but God could.
Take rivers though that are constantly changing their course. Rivers that are making gorges and canyons. Hurricanes and tornadoes. Tonight's thunderstorms? Mutating diseases resistant to penicillin. Coal becoming jet becoming diamonds.
Earthquakes, mudslides, beautiful sunsets, songbirds singing, all from God but in what way?
Is each indiviual event directly created from God or are they randomly created from God's laws of nature?

Israel

BANNED
I am persuaded man, men, or any particular man cannot stop playing "whack a mole" in creation until faith is received to first, show what needs to be "whacked" and most rightly so, and secondarily (though more simultaneously) One has taken this whacking in Himself and for that man, that he see the true life beyond it.
The death of our Lord for our sake's works always and effectively on every level (to every matter) needed. Is sin atoned for? Were/are all who are in Him...in Him in His death? So not only sinful man is accounted for, but no less, troubled man.

The death that saves from sin also provides entrance into that place through that death in which the life of the Prince of Life is no less manifest as the Prince of Peace. Paul spoke of not swinging wildly at the air as though some vague triumph would be his if he just "swung enough". He was not fighting to to make a victory, but to see the one already provided. Faith assured him it is more real than all he might see to overcome in only apparent contradiction.

He was, and commends us (to be...in, and through, his same assurance) to fully grow in being that man who subdues the earth assigned him. He was assigned being that man chosen to go ahead in his seeing that he might still be shouting back to any who have an ear to hear "Yes, I am finding it! Right where the Christ of God told us it is to be found...fight the good fight of faith, and you will see and know...no less than I"

"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."

What of any worth might we consider against the worth of His appearing to us? What value has anything against His making known to us He lives...and that for us?
I am just a man who has seen some things, as are we all...but nothing eclipses that seeing. And, also no less, nor more than any other man I am in need of that reminding. We have a faithful helper. To every need.