don carter st pk. fishermans/camper review

hipster dufus

heard about this park. went up today to check it out and do some bass fishing. my impressions are from someone who camps in a tent and bass fishes out of a 1648 jon.overall beautiful facility, new. the campsite I would use have to have water and pwr. need to charge my batteries. also I have a large tent and usually use a canopy for cover. that being said, the rv sites are not up to snuff. no stone pad exists for setting up a tent. the available pad holds a grill and table.most sites are drive thru. no boat tie ups near the sites. no way to run pwr to boat. battery comes out or boat comes out of water.roads are paved and trails look nice. sites are right on top of each other, no sneaking in the woods to tinkle.really disappointed in the camping. now the good news, the cabins are fabulous. 2 bedrooms with 2 queen beds in each. tv living room, nice kitchen. back porch w/ rockers. table and fire ring close by. 6 boat slips at nearby dock for cabins, did not see pwr at dock. was very impressed with cabins , a little pricey and work great for a family 4 guys could share this cabin ht and ac. rocking chairs on porch. no views of lake , that I could find. beach and day use area as well as playground. I am considering getting a cabin for my trip in oct. might take the grands and mama up for a couple nites. ramp is really nice 2 lanes with a dock. I will try to ansewer any other questions. any buddy else been there please add to this post. oh yeah caught a couple .

riprap

I don't understand the state's thinking when building a park. Sloppy Floyd park is fairly new. There is no camping or cabins anywhere near the water and there are two lakes. What's the point of being on a lake? Many parks, corps and state parks, are not boater friendly. Especially when it comes to leaving your boat in the water. West point is one of the better places for leaving your boat in the water.

Worley

Park

Well fellas there is another one south of Atlanta same way, Chattahoochee bend, it a shame a non-camper would design a campground...someone with the state needs to visit Tugaloo state park, and Vogel before they hash out millions again...a lot of design principles could be gained from both of the parks I mentioned....Don Carter is a joke for someone who enjoys the camping experience...lets see - asphalt, asphalt, and a ravine to look in....sounds sweet to me, look hard and u might see some water from ur camper....:crazy:

Latest posts