Dove loads

GTMODawg

BANNED
A buddy of mine just called and said he found an academy in Evans, Georgia with a shipment of 7.5 12s delivered this morning. Not winchester or remingtons.

Are shot shells / dove loads scarce this season??? I have at least 3 1/2 cases of 12 -7.5s. Might have to post them puppies up Wednesday.....yall having a hard time sourcing dove loads?

What about steel shotshells??? I have several cases of #2 3 inch and at least a couple of cases of bb. Are shot shells scarce????

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
They are definitely not as readily available as they normally are. Academy has been one of the best places to pick them up. They had plenty of cases two weeks ago. I prefer Remington Heavy Dove in my 20 gauge and they had those.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine just called and said he found an academy in Evans, Georgia with a shipment of 7.5 12s delivered this morning. Not winchester or remingtons.

Are shot shells / dove loads scarce this season??? I have at least 3 1/2 cases of 12 -7.5s. Might have to post them puppies up Wednesday.....yall having a hard time sourcing dove loads?

What about steel shotshells??? I have several cases of #2 3 inch and at least a couple of cases of bb. Are shot shells scarce????

Brother I think you’re a little late to the party....

Big7

The Oracle
They are definitely not as readily available as they normally are. Academy has been one of the best places to pick them up. They had plenty of cases two weeks ago. I prefer Remington Heavy Dove in my 20 gauge and they had those.
There are plenty. Just been rush and panic driven.
They are hard to get IF you even can.

They are 3 times normal price everywhere I find them. They are in somebody's storage or basement. ?

A 10 box case at Bass Pro (I know but only ones I could find) cost $100.00. Plain white box WW Super-X 7 (not 7.5) shot.I was there when the door opened and sold out in 30 minutes.

That was the only field loads in 12ga they had of any kind.

I BET I WILL HAVE THE MEC RUNNING NEXT YEAR.
Hope I can get plenty of empty cases at the dove shoot.

tpope

Them empty hulls are useless without primers. I have been buying new, primed hulls and rolling my own loads.