Drivelers #394 - Pile on the dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Well I’m up again. This sinus issue has turned into a bad case of vertigo. Went outside earlier and the wind almost knocked me down. Doesn’t take much and can’t look up as that is a sure way to fall.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I asked her was there wall paper behind the fridge, if there was to leave it !!
I hear ya. We just painted the pantry and didn't paint behind where the freezer was going. We marked it with a CS+MM. Cody loved it. :bounce:We did leave the original laminate flooring in there. The kitchen is bamboo, but there is a door to the pantry.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
I'm still Jonesin for salmon patties. Skeered to ask hard as she's werkin. :censored:
Take your can of salmon mix in a egg,some diced onions and a couple of tablespoon of flour. Dip up a heaping tablespoon of mixture roll it around in your hand til it looks like a salmon
Patty,fry it in quarter inch of grease in black iron frying pan,drain on paper towels, chow down.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Take your can of salmon mix in a egg,some diced onions and a couple of tablespoon of flour. Dip up a heaping tablespoon of mixture roll it around in your hand til it looks like a salmon
Patty,fry it in quarter inch of grease in black iron frying pan,drain on paper towels, chow down.

Her turn, I did all the cooking/cleaning last night !!

Gotta run some errands, guess I need to ride the property and see if anything else is cross the roads.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Afternoon y'all, just came in from picking up sticks and limbs, burning them again too. Have I ever mentioned how much debris we pick up round here? I swear I picked up an area, then moved to another area and when I came back with a double arm load I picked up two more hands full where I had already picked up. They are falling/blowing out as I pick them up. Don't take long to burn'em up in this wind.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Afternoon all, this cold weather got me craving soup. Putting on a pot of split pea and ham.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Y'all speaking about wall paper earlier and I've got some too that needs to come down. Probably have to tear down the drywall to get this stuff off. One of my 1st cousins put it on years ago for our Mamaw. He was a professional at it and did it on the side while working @ Ford Hapeville. He did a lot of wallpaper on the side and made about as much as he did @ Ford. Not too long ago he and I were talking about it and he told me it's not really Wallpaper, that it's actually Vinyl. I don't think this stuff is going to peel off without removing a layer of paper on that drywall. I'm been thinking about attempting to Steam it and slowly pull it. This stuff is pretty thick and very durable.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Y'all speaking about wall paper earlier and I've got some too that needs to come down. Probably have to tear down the drywall to get this stuff off. One of my 1st cousins put it on years ago for our Mamaw. He was a professional at it and did it on the side while working @ Ford Hapeville. He did a lot of wallpaper on the side and made about as much as he did @ Ford. Not too long ago he and I were talking about it and he told me it's not really Wallpaper, that it's actually Vinyl. I don't think this stuff is going to peel off without removing a layer of paper on that drywall. I'm been thinking about attempting to Steam it and slowly pull it. This stuff is pretty thick and very durable.

I remember when vinyl got popular.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Maybe and adhesive remover too, after steaming it. Maybe cut it with a razor blade around doors, window trim, Crown, baseboard, and a Fireplace surround and Mantle.

What a pain and a job this will be.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master

I didn't initially, but after you mentioning it just now, I think my Mom did some on our(mine and my brother's) bathroom when we were young and teens in NOLA. We steamed it up so much between the 3 of us. I think it was Vinyl. Was That in the 70's?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I didn't initially, but after you mentioning it just now, I think my Mom did some on our(mine and my brother's) bathroom when we were young and teens in NOLA. We steamed it up so much between the 3 of us. I think it was Vinyl. Was That in the 70's?

Yep, pushed big for baths and kitchens.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Yep, pushed big for baths and kitchens.

Thanks, I hadn't really thought about having any experience with it except here and when you said that I remembered my Mom putting up this very durable wall covering in our bathroom as teenage boys. She was a fixer upper in her own right back in them days. I think it was vinyl too.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

I don't remember vinyl at all. Glad I missed this decorating genre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts