Driving Pet Peeve

fireman401

On a multi-lane road when a driver in lanes 2 or three match speed with the driver in lane 1, sitting just off the driver in lane 1's corner. Will not speed up to clear it or slow down to clear it.

Drivers that speed up when you try to pass them while they hog the left lane.

A few more, but they have already been covered.

sinclair1

Just went to hartsfield and back. I think I experienced everyone of these post :bounce: I hate atlanter.

Josey

On a multi-lane road when a driver in lanes 2 or three match speed with the driver in lane 1, sitting just off the driver in lane 1's corner. Will not speed up to clear it or slow down to clear it.

Yep. If you are not about to turn left, or going faster than vehicles to your right, then you are in the wrong lane. Period.

I often crack up when the left lane is all jammed up with left lane sheeple, as I blow past dozens of them while I am in the...right lane.

Josey

Just went to hartsfield and back. I think I experienced everyone of these post :bounce: I hate atlanter.

Me too. I absolutely refuse to work at a job that would require me to commute on any of the Atlanta area interstates.

cramer

People who through pure stupid carelessness and disregard for other drivers, cause deadly wrecks that cripple, maim, or kill innocent people.

^^^
This - people who are so self centered that no one else matters on the road

Wake up on time and leave on time or set your clock earlier.

and people who drive like they are in a video game

and folks from other cultures who do not respect or know driving laws - like passing a school bus with all stop running gear employed:banginghe

LTZ25

People that don't slow to a safe speed in a work zone , and cops don't seem to care about that much . Road workers have families that want them to return home just like anyone else .

T-N-T

People that don't understand zipper merge.

If zipper merging works then we can zipper before the end of the line. But that doesn't work either.
People don't want the other lane in their lane period. Here or there.

YankeeRedneck

People that get mad at you speeding in the fast lane !!
If I'm going 70 in a 55 and you come up behind me wanting to do 80 I'm probably NOT going to pull over!! Do you want me to go 100 mph??
How fast is fast enough in the far left lane. Especially 75 north out of downtown Atlanta. Geesh!!

sinclair1

People that get mad at you speeding in the fast lane !!
If I'm going 70 in a 55 and you come up behind me wanting to do 80 I'm probably NOT going to pull over!! Do you want me to go 100 mph??
How fast is fast enough in the far left lane. Especially 75 north out of downtown Atlanta. Geesh!!

Get out of the way is the law, but I do get in situations where I just won't go any faster and the right lane is going to slow to move over, but as soon as I can I move over because they could have a emergency I know nothing about.

70 is too slow for the fast lane, that's the speed limit on 75 north. I won't even pull into the fast lane on 75 north unless I am prepared to keep up with the crazies.

sinclair1

I recently adopted a new rule for me. It's the get there safe is my only job rule. All the "I'll show him" garbage is out the window.

YankeeRedneck

I understand that you are going to fly at 100 in a 70 I will get over then.
I am talking about doing 70 in a 55 how fast is fast enough?? And if you have an emergency put on your four ways that will surely signal that you have an emergency.

sinclair1

I understand that you are going to fly at 100 in a 70 I will get over then.
I am talking about doing 70 in a 55 how fast is fast enough?? And if you have an emergency put on your four ways that will surely signal that you have an emergency.

70 in the fast lane in metro Atlanta is too slow. I don't use the fast lane much because I don't like getting over every ten seconds. I am usually in the third lane running 75 just to keep with the flow.

Like I said, the blocking because you think you're going fast enough, might send a message, but it's dangerous. They will pass and cut you off, maybe brake check or other nonsense. It's not worth it:flag:

The only place I can remember 55 as a speed limit in Atlanta is I20 inside the perimeter, that's a joke, it's as fast thru there as anywhere and 70 is too slow.

GoldDot40

^^^^
This man speaks the truth. If somebody comes up on your rear going faster than you in the left lane of a multi-lane hwy...just move out of the way. It's your duty per the law.

BeerThirty

OK, bringing this back up since I just moved to an area that has several more roundabouts... I guess folks around here just don't know how to properly navigate them? The point is to keep moving and only yield to your left, it's not a 3-way stop and an opportunity to be polite and someone else go.

Also, high-beam lights. Now that it is darker earlier, apparently other drivers don't care about blinding oncoming drivers...

Lastly... rain. People around here drive slower when it rains than people up north when its snowy and icy. I'm completely baffled that when I'm driving 65 on a posted 55, and I'm getting passed left and right. Yet when it's raining, those same people are likely the ones who back it down 45 like the rain is going to somehow magically push them off the road.

Rant over. :deadhorse:

sinclair1

OK, bringing this back up since I just moved to an area that has several more roundabouts... I guess folks around here just don't know how to properly navigate them? The point is to keep moving and only yield to your left, it's not a 3-way stop and an opportunity to be polite and someone else go.

Also, high-beam lights. Now that it is darker earlier, apparently other drivers don't care about blinding oncoming drivers...

Lastly... rain. People around here drive slower when it rains than people up north when its snowy and icy. I'm completely baffled that when I'm driving 65 on a posted 55, and I'm getting passed left and right. Yet when it's raining, those same people are likely the ones who back it down 45 like the rain is going to somehow magically push them off the road.

Rant over. :deadhorse:

We just got a bunch of roundabouts and some blinking yellow turn arrows, and you're right people don't have a clue. People think the yellow turn arrow is about to turn red and hurry thru and get t boned.

jcountry

Was checking to see what your driving pet peeve would be?

Mine are below.

People not using blinkers

Texters

Tail Gating

People going slow in fast lane,

People stopping when they see a cop having someone pulled over on side of road.

Don't drive anywhere in the Northeast. Those idiots make crazy drivers around here look like the finest of ladies and gentlemen.

Friend of mine in NJ told me to never use turn signals up there. People will use that information to cut you off and try their best to cause a wreck. He wasn't kidding.)

BeerThirty

Don't drive anywhere in the Northeast. Those idiots make crazy drivers around here look like the finest of ladies and gentlemen.

Friend of mine in NJ told me to never use turn signals up there. People will use that information to cut you off and try their best to cause a wreck. He wasn't kidding.)

I have driven in the NE quite a bit for business (NY and NJ) and what I've experienced up there is not very different than around here.