Duck season - where yall going?

We like to travel all over the continental US chasing new species. We spend a week or 2 a year on the west coast from Cali to Washington state. Yall have any new birds trying to get this year?

MudDucker

Staff member
To Acworth to babysit the grandchildren. facepalm:

Ajlink2

SD, MS, and AR. going to try my luck on a NE GA Power lake this weekend for the opener. Good number of canadas out there, ducks are different story.

buckpasser

The deer stand, then maybe back to Seminole late season.

MudDucker

Staff member
Are there lots of ducks in Acworth?…reckon there will at least be a bunch of rubber ones in da tub….

Yea, in the pond in the middle of the neighborhood. I suspect folks would freak out if I let loose on them Sat morning. :rofl:

I did that as a teenager. Shot a neighborhood pond and fled the scene. Came back later with my dog to pick up the birds.

MudDucker

Staff member
Well, last night I was sitting on my deck overlooking the lake and here came the loudest flock of about 20 pintails coming to roost. Out again this morning and they were whistling before day break. When they left, they were real noisy again. Of course, when the season comes in, they won't be here I'm sure.

SD, MS, and AR. going to try my luck on a NE GA Power lake this weekend for the opener. Good number of canadas out there, ducks are different story.
Man I used to go to Ar a lot. I haven't been in 10 years I reckon. Now we find ourselves on the west coast mostly when we travel much outside of Ga, AL, TN.

MudDucker

Staff member
Man I used to go to Ar a lot. I haven't been in 10 years I reckon. Now we find ourselves on the west coast mostly when we travel much outside of Ga, AL, TN.

No, just a lot of hunters looking for cans. Too early for cans yet.