Where to go

Core Lokt

End of August is my 50th birthday and first week of September we celebrate 30 years of marriage. We don't go anywhere but want to do something. Thinking N Ga but don't have a clue. We are not high maintenance and it doesn't have to be fancy. Just a get away for 4-5 days including travel from N FL.

Any ideas?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
see if Black Rock Mountain State Park has a cabin available. Easy drive to Helen, Cherokee NC, Asheville, Hiawassee and such

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Lots of pretty stuff and activities in the NW corner of Ga. Google Chattanooga tourism sites.

Geffellz18

For a low key getaway, anywhere in N. Ga would be a great choice honestly. Highlands/Cashiers, NC area would be my choice though for those milestones…
Happy Early Birthday & Anniversary!

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Well, my wife informed me this morning that I had the month and day confused with the year 9/3-94... We will have been married 29 years in Sept. facepalm:

At least I got a jump start on places to look at :LOL:

Celebrate #29.
As the gentleman in your other thread said. We don’t know what tomorrow brings.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Get on a plane and fly to Colorado, rent a little car, and drive around the mountains for a few days without any sort of a plan.

You'll thank me later.

We did this last September.
But we had a general route in mind. We made motel reservations day to day. It was really fun.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Celebrate #29.
As the gentleman in your other thread said. We don’t know what tomorrow brings.
I buried a good friend on Wednesday. He was 57 and had a heart attack. Tuesday my youngest daughter called us. Her father in law passed away. He was 63.

2 weeks ago, my brother turned a mower over in a creek. God blessed us that day, and with the dry spell the creek was down just enough for him to keep his mouth and nose out of the water until someone could find him and help him out. He was battered and bruised badly, but thanks be to God, he was alive.

I would tell all you all... Hold the ones you love closely, and let them know all the things you appreciate about them before they or you are gone. I have tried to make a habit of telling all my people that I love them every time we speak. It may be the last time I get to tell them.

BassRaider

Wife and I celebrated our 40th last week and vacationed in bed suffering from Covid. Still under the weather but doing better.
I agree with other post that anywhere in N.Ga would be enjoyable.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I live in North Ga and Helen comes to mind for a cool place to visit North Ga.
4 or 5 days and you could enjoy , shops, restaraunts, tube down the river, trout fish right in town. It can be low key and relaxing that time of year you're askin about because school is back in and the leaf lookers aint gone up yet

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Yes Dillard is very pretty town. Less touristy than Helen

greg_n_clayton

I wouldn't focus on Helen but for maybe a few hours. We live about 20 miles from there and don't go often at all ! We got out yesterday and rode our motorcycles over for a game of putt putt golf. Stopped to have a few beers and wait for it to cool off a little bit. 2 beers and 6 pepper poppers was 44 bucks.....but the deal was....our 2nd glass was filled for 10 bucks ....a piece !

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Charleston, and visit Hampton Plantation while you close by. We plan to do that ourselves.

K80Shooter

I wouldn't focus on Helen but for maybe a few hours. We live about 20 miles from there and don't go often at all ! We got out yesterday and rode our motorcycles over for a game of putt putt golf. Stopped to have a few beers and wait for it to cool off a little bit. 2 beers and 6 pepper poppers was 44 bucks.....but the deal was....our 2nd glass was filled for 10 bucks ....a piece !
What a deal! facepalm:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Charleston, and visit Hampton Plantation while you close by. We plan to do that ourselves.
gotta be in Charleston next month for a 3 day meeting. Come on over and we will eat together somewhere. My treat

Big7

The Oracle
Well, my wife informed me this morning that I had the month and day confused with the year 9/3-94... We will have been married 29 years in Sept. facepalm:

At least I got a jump start on places to look at :LOL:
I thought I was 47 for 2 years.
Not joking. :bounce: