Early-Mid Season Boots

ASH556

I’ve had LaCrosse Alpha Burley’s and they were good. Got holes in them from barbed wire and tossed them several years ago. Most of the last several years I’ve just hunted in Timberland hikers. Those are gone now. I mostly bow hunt from a Summit climber. Terrain is pretty steep foothills around Gainesville so need good traction and support. Prefer waterproof but also not too hot or heavy. I’ve never seen a venomous snake in the woods in all my years camping and hunting, but it sometimes is still in the back of my mind. Chiggers keep me from going with anything too low cut. Deciding between the following and could use some input:

1. Lacrosse again
2. Danner Pronghorns
3. Irish Setter Upland
4. Something else?

Thanks!

James12

I wear high socks and some old tennis shoes sprayed in Permethrin until the first frost or so… Not to sound like “that guy”, but they’re way more comfortable and lighter than my boots. They’re my lucky slicks. But…. I wear my lacrosse snake waders if I’m further south of Atlanta…

Jim Boyd

Ummmm, I simply do not get a vote in this conversation…

Hunter922

LaCrosse Aerohead Sport for us. Use them all season. Just adjust the socks we wear the colder it gets.

ssramage

I like my Danner Vitals, but we see enough snakes down here in SEGA that I opt for my Lacrosse snakeboots 99% of the time. It's also WET a bunch, so the rubber helps.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Danners, year round. I don't have different boots for different seasons?

Jim Boyd

What’dya mean?[/QUOTE

I am flip flops or tennis shoes until it gets cold.

In the mornings and if grass is wet, I may wear a pair of rubber boots from the barn…

Gl4di4torRr

I’ve had LaCrosse Alpha Burley’s and they were good. Got holes in them from barbed wire and tossed them several years ago. Most of the last several years I’ve just hunted in Timberland hikers. Those are gone now. I mostly bow hunt from a Summit climber. Terrain is pretty steep foothills around Gainesville so need good traction and support. Prefer waterproof but also not too hot or heavy. I’ve never seen a venomous snake in the woods in all my years camping and hunting, but it sometimes is still in the back of my mind. Chiggers keep me from going with anything too low cut. Deciding between the following and could use some input:

1. Lacrosse again
2. Danner Pronghorns
3. Irish Setter Upland
4. Something else?

Thanks!
I've seen lots of YouTubers moving to gumleaf instead of lacrosse because gumleaf is made in the USA.. not outsourced to China. They are definitely more expensive but I plan on getting some when my china boots break down.
https://www.gumleafusa.com/ #america

Sixes

I've seen lots of YouTubers moving to gumleaf instead of lacrosse because gumleaf is made in the USA.. not outsourced to China. They are definitely more expensive but I plan on getting some when my china boots break down.
https://www.gumleafusa.com/ #america
If you see Youtubers or Outdoor Channel hunters using something, it's because they get it for free.

I would trust hunters on forums a lot more than Youtube pimps

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I like the redhead 6" hiking boots. Waterproof. Iiked them So much I made it my work boot as well.

Gl4di4torRr

If you see Youtubers or Outdoor Channel hunters using something, it's because they get it for free.

I would trust hunters on forums a lot more than Youtube pimps
It depends on who you follow and their intentions. The one I am talking about is Dan Infalt.

1md2b

This will sound way out of place on this forum but I'm gonna go ahead and lay it out there. My wife bought me a pair of Timberland's, and yeah, they're the ones you see in all the hip hop videos. She bought them for us "to go out in". But I've worn them up at 8000 feet hiking Mount Lemon in Tucson and as low as sea level. They're dang comfortable, breathable, warm when needed, and cool when required. I couldn't believe it. I bought another pair with a darker colored leather strictly for hunting. I know they're Timberland's but I'm just throwing it out there.

Sixes

Timberlands were once my favorite (before hip hop) and I wore them for years. Haven't tried them in a really long time after switching to Danner, but I assume they still make a great boot

Sixes

It depends on who you follow and their intentions. The one I am talking about is Dan Infalt.
I like watching the Beast hunt and I think he is one of the few true hunters out there, but 2 years ago, he was pimping TideWe boots as the end all for boots.

If Rocky or Muck sends him a pair next year, then that's what he will be wearing.

I don't blame these guys, I'd pimp free stuff too.

Do you think the Drurys went from Hoyt to PSE to Mathews because they thought the bows were better? No, they shot and pimped them from the highest sponsor bidder.

I'm not trying to argue with you or dissuade you from whatever you want to buy, but the knowledge on these forums is more relevant to real life than a youtuber

James12

Do you think the Drurys went from Hoyt to PSE to Mathews because they thought the bows were better? No, they shot and pimped them from the highest sponsor bidder.

I think you’re right of course, but they did go to the better bow ?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I wear crocs or tennis shoes

ASH556

Found a pair of Lacrosse Aerohead Snake Boots $50 off at Midway. These are great. Everything I was looking for. Comfortable, rubber, waterproof, lightweight, and snakeproof.