Epic fail #3 ....can’t kill a blind buck

Gbr5pb

I’d be right back in same stand! He ain’t spooked too bad and sounds like you might have a doe in heat. It won’t last long

ugajay

Man what a hunt! I know the feeling of the excitement and slow motion you talked about. I know you were disappointed but that's why it's hunting and not killing!!! Get back out there and maybe the ending of the story changes for you. Good luck!

Gbr5pb

Shot the wrong pin a few times until started shooting a pendulum sight! Probably the only person on here that does but 0-30 yards don’t even think about it! 60-70 deer later too old to change

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You’ll always remember that. I did it twice in one afternoon back about 20 years ago. I remember that in more detail than most of the ones I hit.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
That is tough!

That is also why I went to a single pin setup 25 years ago. I would get excited and forget to separate the pins and shoot over deer all the time.

Best of luck you still have a few days
Rookie

ghadarits

Dang I hate that it happened like it did. Hard lessons are just that Hard Lessons.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Dang I hate that it happened like it did. Hard lessons are just that Hard Lessons.
Trying to figure out what to learn from this. Patience comes to mind! I’ve had so many replays and second guesses......Monday quarterbacking myself to death. But it was way more fun and exciting than disappointing. I keep reminding myself of the opportunities rather than the lack there of. My first 3 or 4 years hunting I don’t think I ever saw a deer.

ghadarits

Trying to figure out what to learn from this. Patience comes to mind! I’ve had so many replays and second guesses......Monday quarterbacking myself to death. But it was way more fun and exciting than disappointing. I keep reminding myself of the opportunities rather than the lack there of. My first 3 or 4 years hunting I don’t think I ever saw a deer.

You sound just like me when I fail to make something happen. I feel you on how rare it was to even see a deer in the early days. Just seeing the flag of a deer running away was a note worthy event.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I’ve grown up to believe in taking something good from any event.......Learning something from all failures. Without failures you cannot have success.....if I ever succeed at this deer hunting thing, it will surely be an Epic success!:cheers:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I never mentioned this, but when I saw the plastic over his face I had doubts as to wether or not I should even try to kill him..........many thoughts raced through my mind.