Equipment/Dozer Value

Kootie

Does anyone have experience or know of a source for valuating used equipment? I'm looking at a track loader and need a little help...Feel free to PM if you can help.

Thanks

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I was looking for a farm tractor.I called the local tractor repair man.He gave me a price that I thought was a little high.His remark to me was ....."pay me now or pay me later because it will breakdown eventually" Best 150.00 with 2 hours travel I ever spent for equipment.

Kootie

Little clarification....I'm in the drilling business and we rent heavy equipment on a regular basis so we are familiar with the mechanical side of equipment. I found a machine that we are interested in, had my mechanic look it over and just want to be fair on price. I cant find an "equipment book value" source and thought someone here may have some insight.
Thanks

turkeykirk

You can used something like this to see what equipment has been selling for, etc. There are other sources out there. Don’t remember exactly what my father-in-law subscribed to.

turkeykirk

SarahFair

If you want to just browse around recently auctioned equipment, there is a heavy equipment auction over in Alabama.

They have all kinds of ways to search around past auctions to get an idea of what things are bringing.
They have everything from junk/parts pieces to brand new.

tree cutter 08

When I'm buying something I look to see what's on the market. Look at condition and hours and compare. I dont look at book value on anything because at the end of the day it's worth what people are paying.

jaybirdius

Join the Ritchie Bros. Auction. It's free and once you join go to the past auctions and search what you are looking to buy. The auction prices for apples to apples equipment will tell you a real close value.

27metalman

You can look tractor data or equipment trader to get an idea of a range I guess. Of course you know - they all different, have been operated differently, and serviced differently. Good luck.

sleepr71

Iron Planet & Equipment Trader is where I’d start. Used values are up..because most new stuff is complicated to work on & made cheap :(

HavocLover

Just google search the piece of equip and add in the words for sale. Although there’s no “KBB” for it, certainly there’s gotta be plenty enough of the same equipment with similar specs, hours, condition and whatnot; to give you an idea of the ballpark you need to be in $$$ wise.