Exmark mowers...

specialk

been looking at them, got a rebate program going on now....local dealer that services them also keeps them in stock....any pros or cons?....

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Had one for years, commercial grade Lazer Z. Had a 27 hp kohler engine. Over 6000 hours before it slung a rod. Great mower.

MOTS

I have a Gravely, and it's a great mower. Scag is the king and Exmark is number 2 in being the best in my research online.

earlthegoat2

As a longtime mechanic of landscape equipment you can’t go wrong with Toro Commercial line, Exmark (which is basically the same as Toro), Scag, and Wright.

With only a few outliers, Exmark has a great reputation from regular guy owners as well as commercial businesses. Easy to get parts for too.

Kawasaki engines tend to be better but I have been impressed with the more recent Kohlers as well. I personally own a 2015 Toro Grand Stand with a Kohler.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Blade speed is the key.
If memory serves Exmark has the fastest blade speed.

specialk

thanks guys!....think i'ma pull the trigger on one today....got a rebate program going on right now....this will be our first zero turn mower...my son is the ''lawn maintenance'' crew now, hope he adjusts to it.....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Had one in our mower fleet at work for many years, it was a fine machine. I would like to have another one.

MudDucker

Staff member
Had one for years. Change oil, filters and blades and off it goes.

Beagler

I bought a xmark e series a couple of weeks ago, seems okay but I haven’t had it long enough to make a decent review, only used it once.

srb

There’s a reason you see mostly Exmarks on trailers being run by the guys that do it for a living. Only cons about Exmark is their prices have gone up 30% in the last 4-5 years.
Walk Behind 48 8500$
Walk Behind 30 2100$