Under Deck Water Proofing Systems

Tight Lines

GON'ers:

I have a deck that is need of re-decking. I am thinking of going with the Trex or other composite since it stays wet often times.

My question is, I have been researching under deck drain systems and Trex has a pretty nifty set-up. There are a number of brands / types out there. Anyone have experience with them and the pros and cons of each?

Thanks in advance!

GT90

Looking to do the same thing. The Trex system is probably out of my price range. Thinking about the below system and my son and I should be able to install.

Tight Lines

Looking to do the same thing. The Trex system is probably out of my price range. Thinking about the below system and my son and I should be able to install.

Yeah Trex system is insane for a large deck. Not sure I can swing the cost...the protection of the joists is a plus, but it's super costly...

DannyW

If you are going the ceiling system route...a good friend has it. Works well but one problem. You can't use a fire pit under it, unless smoke stained ceilings don't bother you.

His ceiling is now an uneven shade of gray instead of white/cream.

YMMV.