Explain this if you know or mess with honeybees...

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
We have about 40 hives on family property for the last month or so.

Today, they found my backyard corn feeder, and if anybody had told me this was possible, I'd a called 'em crazy as a bat ...

They have ganged up, are working together, and raking corn out onto the ground.

They have been at it since this morning...When I got up, there was NO corn on the ground.

IMG_20231222_151942935.jpg

What the heck is this about?

GeorgiaGlockMan

Bees do weird stuff when they swarm.

I bet a queen broke off and they are looking for a new home.

Had a buddy that kept bees till he rounded up some africanized bees.

Jack Got to spend a couple days in icu looking like the elephant man.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
We have about 40 hives on family property for the last month or so.

Today, they found my backyard corn feeder, and if anybody had told me this was possible, I'd a called 'em crazy as a bat ...

They have ganged up, are working together, and raking corn out onto the ground.

They have been at it since this morning...When I got up, there was NO corn on the ground.

View attachment 1277715

What the heck is this about?
I've seen it before as well. It looked like they were after the powder. I asked the bee keeper about it and he didn't know. He did give the owner of the feeder a couple quarts of honey after they emptied it twice.

tr21

Bees do weird stuff when they swarm.

I bet a queen broke off and they are looking for a new home.

Had a buddy that kept bees till he rounded up some africanized bees.

Jack Got to spend a couple days in icu looking like the elephant man.
man those are some MEAN bee's ! those jokers will attack you just for looking at them, our Caucasians are so much more calm. if we're just opening the box for something quick like treating or adding a pollen patty I don't even put on a bee suit. out of 30 hives we had one that was mean, that queen got squished and the hive got requeened real fast.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
It was a ferment party

WOODIE13

kind of my original thought. 90 proof honey :unsure: that'll wake up your biscuit in the mornin !
Happy hour, 5 o'clock somewhere

Granny Clampett and roomatiz honey

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
They have that hallucinogenic rhododendron honey in Asia, our bees make corn likker honey.

WOODIE13

Last edited:

tr21

They have that hallucinogenic rhododendron honey in Asia, our bees make corn likker honey.
man they can have that rhododendron / mountain laurel honey ! that stuff is not only nasty it can kill ya from what I understand. :emoji-puke.gif:

WOODIE13

man they can have that rhododendron / mountain laurel honey ! that stuff is not only nasty it can kill ya from what I understand. :emoji-puke.gif:
I'm sure we get a little mixed in here

You see the size of that chicken?

tr21

just told my brother about this (he's the bee keeper, I'm just the helper) and he said well yea, the corn has sugar in it and thats what they're after ! so there's your answer @Railroader

Latest posts