Extractor spring issue?

Brifish

New shooter here,I purchased a new S&W M&P a long while ago. Last week I did two days of training, shot about 700 rounds. I had too many jams to count, all had to be cleared by mortar. The round didn’t fire and the bolt jammed.The gun was was oiled, new federal ammo. I thought maybe it needed to break in. The second day same problem. We put a little oil in the buffer and that seemed to do the trick.
I thought maybe the old oil might have gotten a little gummy and running freshly oiled might have fixed it. At the range yesterday I had the same problem. After hours of research at you tube university, it seems like the extractor isn’t letting the round seat flat on the bolt face. There were some people talking about the rubber o rig on the extractor spring. When I looked at it there was almost no spring sticking out above the o ring, and I couldn’t move the extractor at all. After removing the ring there is some spring to it now. I’m going to try it Without the o ring, is this a good idea?

Brifish

Good advice, I spoke with customer service, there’s a lifetime warranty on the rifle. They’re sending me packaging to ship it , there’s a 3-4 week turnaround. I bought the rifle over a year ago, it’s not an expensive brand so I didn’t expect that kind of warranty. Good on Smith &Wesson. I’d still like to know the fix. I’ll update the post when I find out.

Jester896

Senior Clown
if it wasn't going in the grove in the case... the outside of the extractor may have been rubbing on the barrel adapter when thhe bolt rotated:huh:

Madman

Good advice, I spoke with customer service, there’s a lifetime warranty on the rifle. They’re sending me packaging to ship it , there’s a 3-4 week turnaround. I bought the rifle over a year ago, it’s not an expensive brand so I didn’t expect that kind of warranty. Good on Smith &Wesson. I’d still like to know the fix. I’ll update the post when I find out.
You paid the price for S&W, you should expect it. Let us know what they say.