Eye dominance...and shooting hand

splatek

UAEC
Quick Question: I shoot my crossbow (and rifles) left-handed, I am generally left-handed. But, I shoot my compound bow, right handed. I feel more comfortable with a triggered weapon in the left-handed position... Should I change to left handed vert bow?
Eye dominance seems to change depending on the day, but generally is left sided.

kbuck1

If you dont have any problems I wouldn't switch. If you are having issues it would be worth it to switch. I shot right handed for 20 years and was left eye dominant. I swapped over because I shot a lot of 3d tournaments and wanted the added benefit of better vision and it allowed me to erase all the bad habits I had acquired over the years. I shot better for sure. I have since swapped back to right hand after damanging my left cornea . Aslo I feel more confident in the stand right handed when I have to maneuver around to make an awkward shot because I had done it that way so long. If you decide to swap over then I would recommend shooting a target point blank with no sights for a couple weeks to get the feel for it without having to worry about aiming. That's what an archery coach recommended me do and it seemed to work

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I am a lefty and shoot lefty with left eye dominant. In middle school we had archery and all the bows were right handed. Whenever I pickup a bow, I shoot it right handed....its a handicap. And a reason I am slinging bolts instead of arrows. My son is getting a bow for his 16th on Wednesday........he’s a much better shot than me.?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I will certainly shoot it as it is sweet! PSE Infinity 60lb with 80% letoff

delacroix

BANNED
I don't see how this is a question. Why would you shoot a backward bow? Dump that backward RH thing and get one made correctly.

baddave

i think he's just joking - steve , i would say you are the only one that can answer your question . bow hunting is one of them things where you do what works for you:)keep on knockin em out

delacroix

BANNED
I take it as he is shooting a right hand bow right handed. He's asking should he purchase a left hand bow and start shooting left handed due to eye dominance
I understand backwards people get confused by this, but it isn't complicated. He's shooting a backward bow backwards. He needs a correctly made bow and to shoot it the way intended. All that backward mess is just a trap.