Falcons go with the re-tread

TJay

Looks like the Falcons are going with Cousins. Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances.

Shadow11

Sounds about right.... The complete opposite of common sense. Yes, he would make a great replacement for crazy Joe!

westcobbdog

He can spin it and just needs a little blocking and has the play makers to put up some darn good numbers. Plus I think it’s kinda like a hard two year commitment with softer commit years 3 and. 4. Crazy money but who cares Blank is loaded and it won’t matter if Cuz performs. Hoping the coons draft a monster D lineman 1 but those fools may go WR again.

BornToHuntAndFish

Falcons continue to show more signs of desperation signing an older QB that turns 36 in August while coming off an achilles injury. Not expecting anything to be finalized until after Falcons doctors exams & management reviewing analysis & results.

club agreed to terms on a four-year deal
Cousins' deal is worth $180 million ($45 million per season), including $100 million guaranteed
Cousins, 35, was having one of his best seasons in 2023 and had been one of the NFL's most durable quarterbacks before tearing his right Achilles tendon in Week 8 at Lambeau Field. At the time, he was tied for the NFL lead in passing touchdowns (18) and ranked second in passing yards (2,331).
Before the injury, he had started 136 of a possible 138 games since ascending to QB1

Meriwether Mike

How is Cousins any better that Matt Ryan? You remember Ryan; the quarterback we dumped and eat his salary

BeerThirty

As a Packer fan, thanks for increasing our odds in the North.

I guess Atlanta thinks they have a real shot at winning the SB in the next 4 years otherwise they wouldn't have made this move. If they can get another good WR and beef up the OL, their offense is going to be more than legit (if they can execute).

How is Cousins any better that Matt Ryan? You remember Ryan; the quarterback we dumped and eat his salary

That exact thought crossed my mind, too. Honestly, I think they are fairly comparable based on my observations. It will all come down to how the offensive coordinator runs the show..

ATLFalconsfan80

me personally, I felt like they should have thrown the bank at Lamar Jackson last year..would have sold out every home game..would have been a serious playoff contender…but I like the Kirk Frost pick..up until his injury he was a top 3 qb with only one target…now he has multiple..Hopefully now Pitts will have success…and with the 8th pick…you could have the scariest offense in the NFL if they were to draft Bowers..but I’d be happy with an edge rusher like bamas kid

Raylander

I’m Billy’s Useles Uncle.
Honestly I don’t see how folks are disappointed or excited.

This is par for the course when considering the falcons leadership. The falcons mite make the playoffs 2 outta the next three years. But, that’s the ceiling. The floor, can’t get any lower…

BeerThirty

me personally, I felt like they should have thrown the bank at Lamar Jackson last year..would have sold out every home game..would have been a serious playoff contender…but I like the Kirk Frost pick..up until his injury he was a top 3 qb with only one target…now he has multiple..Hopefully now Pitts will have success…and with the 8th pick…you could have the scariest offense in the NFL if they were to draft Bowers..but I’d be happy with an edge rusher like bamas kid
I share mostly the same sentiment. But if I were ATL, I wouldn't spend my first pick on Bowers. You have Pitts and the dude has beast potential. Jonnu is still really productive. Get another stud WR to take some pressure of London, then you open him and the TE's more. You open up the run game more too.

Thing about Kirk is, dude was hit and pressured more than any other QB and still put up good numbers. I think investing in the OL would huge. Draft I'd go WR>OL>Edge

ATLFalconsfan80

I share mostly the same sentiment. But if I were ATL, I wouldn't spend my first pick on Bowers. You have Pitts and the dude has beast potential. Jonnu is still really productive. Get another stud WR to take some pressure of London, then you open him and the TE's more. You open up the run game more too.

Thing about Kirk is, dude was hit and pressured more than any other QB and still put up good numbers. I think investing in the OL would huge. Draft I'd go WR>OL>Edge

I don’t see them doing the Bowers pick either…mainly cause they just picked up the TE2 from the niners…Woerner…I do feel like it’ll either be Edge or OL and I’m happy with either or..need them both