Falcons go with the re-tread

TJay

I would have preferred them to trade up and got J Daniels I guess we will see if it's a good or bad investment
I would have liked to have seen that too but I get the feeling that AB is feeling like time isn't on his side and wants to get something done now. There are so many intangibles with team sports it's almost impossible to predict where a team will wind up at season's end. QB's like Cousins aren't able to put a team on their shoulders and carry them through like Brady, Brees, Rogers and a few others but is he a capable leader and puts up good numbers. Before the season you can say pretty much what you want and sound like an expert but until around game six it's a crap shoot.

DannyW

With the pressure of selecting a QB now gone, the Falcons can draft a player who will be able to make an impact from day one. I like the move to Cousins, although at his age it will be a temporary one.

hawkeye123

I share mostly the same sentiment. But if I were ATL, I wouldn't spend my first pick on Bowers. You have Pitts and the dude has beast potential. Jonnu is still really productive. Get another stud WR to take some pressure of London, then you open him and the TE's more. You open up the run game more too.

Thing about Kirk is, dude was hit and pressured more than any other QB and still put up good numbers. I think investing in the OL would huge. Draft I'd go WR>OL>Edge
Jonnu Smith signed w/ the Dolphins..if they dont draft Dallas Turner it will be a crying shame..Cousins was 1st & 2nd in league last yr before being hurt..will be seamless tansition under Rams qb coach Zac Robinson..pu Ga receiver Ladd Mcconkey in 2nd round they will have a great squad! Might even tune in for a couple of games

westcobbdog

Falcons continue to show more signs of desperation signing an older QB that turns 36 in August while coming off an achilles injury. Not expecting anything to be finalized until after Falcons doctors exams & management reviewing analysis & results.

no desperate at all, rather have him than the turnover machine Fields, plus we would have to give away all our draft picks to get a top qb like the kid from LSU, Daniels. At least we are paying the sorry Falcons some attention!

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
no desperate at all, rather have him than the turnover machine Fields, plus we would have to give away all our draft picks to get a top qb like the kid from LSU, Daniels. At least we are paying the sorry Falcons some attention!
Yep, it's about winning games as soon as possible and although they paid too much for Cousins, he should get them more wins than last year. They better start shopping for a replacement QB now though because Cousins might only last 2 years if they're lucky.
If they win 10 games and make the playoffs, it will have been a good investment.

westcobbdog

Yep, it's about winning games as soon as possible and although they paid too much for Cousins, he should get them more wins than last year. They better start shopping for a replacement QB now though because Cousins might only last 2 years if they're lucky.
If they win 10 games and make the playoffs, it will have been a good investment.
Perhaps take a qb in the draft, late round. Pennix my pick.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Perhaps take a qb in the draft, late round. Pennix my pick.
Yep, good a pick as any. Let him learn a year or two from Cousins with some play mixed in and he might turn out to be the QB of the Falcons future. I wish some of these college guys could come in and take off like CJ Stroud but he's a unicorn.

James12

I guess it stabilizes the ship for a bit, and gives you the baseline to now judge the last few years of underachieving draft picks (excluding Bijan). The cap will probably continue to rise, so if it doesn’t work it won’t be too bad of a hit by then to get out of it.

I was hoping for something crazy and exciting for a change like moving up to take Daniels or something more risky than the 35 year old vet. Maybe they win it all now, who knows.

ATLFalconsfan80

I guess it stabilizes the ship for a bit, and gives you the baseline to now judge the last few years of underachieving draft picks (excluding Bijan). The cap will probably continue to rise, so if it doesn’t work it won’t be too bad of a hit by then to get out of it.

I was hoping for something crazy and exciting for a change like moving up to take Daniels or something more risky than the 35 year old vet. Maybe they win it all now, who knows.

I understand where your coming from…but I’ve always believed more organizations should copy the GB Packers…get your young QB while the one you got is still rocking and rolling and let him develop under him..then when you hand the reigns over it’s either there or not..and GB has had good success with that formula..

Very few rookie QBs change an entire organization around..it’s usually with a rookie HC and a rookie QB…Stroud Burrow heck even Matt Ryan with Mike Smith…very few times does a rookie change the dynamics of an organization..if they get a qb in this years draft to sit behind cousins for a couple years I’m happy with that…

James12

I understand where your coming from…but I’ve always believed more organizations should copy the GB Packers…get your young QB while the one you got is still rocking and rolling and let him develop under him..then when you hand the reigns over it’s either there or not..and GB has had good success with that formula..

Very few rookie QBs change an entire organization around..it’s usually with a rookie HC and a rookie QB…Stroud Burrow heck even Matt Ryan with Mike Smith…very few times does a rookie change the dynamics of an organization..if they get a qb in this years draft to sit behind cousins for a couple years I’m happy with that…

Well the Rise Ups arguably had 3-5 years to take that young guy under Ryan, who was an A+ leader and example. AB and RM were too focused on the new stadium and checkered round ball during that time.

ATLFalconsfan80

Well the Rise Ups arguably had 3-5 years to take that young guy under Ryan, who was an A+ leader and example. AB and RM were too focused on the new stadium and checkered round ball during that time.
And hence why I said I wish more teams took the Green Bay approach…32 teams in the NFL and only one team does it what seems to be the correct way..not everyone gets a Patrick Mahomes or a Tom Brady…

westcobbdog

Right or wrong on the qb move at least the falcons go into the draft with one big uncertainty covered and can now focus on their many other needs. A bad man rushing the passer is who I want them to get next and maybe a WR who can get open.

Latest posts