Favorite inshore artificial

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Heading to Mobile this weekend to see my bff. He says the snook aren’t there like Florida, but the trout, redfish, flounder, drum etc are pretty much the same. I’m sure we’ll net some bait, but I really like artificial lures. It’s been so long since I’ve fished the gulfcoast, I’m liable to throw a drop shot. He said he’s got everything, but I’ll at least have some red headed jigs with some type of plastic……I have plenty from Florida anyway. Thanks for any help!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Sweet! I think I have might have two, but definitely have one in my box, black and silver too! For a while there I was killing the spots with it so I already like throwing it. I went through about 10 pages here in the saltwater forum, I also found that Zman plastic recommendation. I’ve got swimming plastics like that but may get some Zmans anywho.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Death grip jig head on a Capt Lane's ghost minnow for trout. Or a mad mullet. Best jigs and jig heads on the planet.

slow motion

Folks already said gulp and Mirrolure. I'll throw in take a gold spoon. I've caught trout on most color combo of gulp but I do like the white with a pink tail. Mirrolure twitchbaiit like this one. But then again I'm not the best fisherman.

IMG_20200114_143911.jpg
IMG_20200114_172532.jpg
This was one of those magical days. Strike on almost every cast. Didn't take the time to retie and a trout broke off at the boat with it. Good luck brother.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Lost everything I had that was silver or chartreuse one afternoon behind the west St. Marks party bar.
The old Mirrolures would float. If you were lucky after a blue cut you off, they'd throw the lure and you could find it floating.
Mirrodines sink/suspend, when they're cut off it's $8-$10 gone.

slow motion

The old Mirrolures would float. If you were lucky after a blue cut you off, they'd throw the lure and you could find it floating.
Mirrodines sink/suspend, when they're cut off it's $8-$10 gone.
Sad part is I didn't land any. Smart man would have stopped tieing and throwing but they kept chasing bait. Ain't never been accused of being too smart.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Thanks for all the help y’all! I’m not only stoked , but I’m in desperate need of a break from them Turkeyless woods too!
Weather is back and forth from great to not very good so the frog toggs are in the truck. These blue y’all speak of I don’t know them. I saw blue runners(what I was told) in the Carolina’s while pier fishing. They would come thrashing through ever so often. I never caught a blue, but we have recovered a lost spook after getting cut off from snook. ……they cut us off a bunch!

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
  • Bluefish are blue-green on the back and silvery on the sides and belly.
  • They have a prominent jaw, with sharp, compressed teeth.
The key word above is SHARP.

Blackston

This is hard to beat wher I come from

Attachments

• 0E11FA4B-F2B5-4A26-851D-D7922CFCD0D6.jpeg
    0E11FA4B-F2B5-4A26-851D-D7922CFCD0D6.jpeg
    184 KB · Views: 1
  • 32E3B841-783A-4479-986C-6B8A7DD82490.jpeg
    32E3B841-783A-4479-986C-6B8A7DD82490.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1