Fedex placed package in Mailbox

rosewood

Is it legal for a Fedex driver to put a package in a mailbox? Do they have some sort of agreement that makes that ok? Had a driver put a package in my mailbox yesterday. Got her on video doing it.

Any Fedex or USPS employees on here that might know?

Rosewood

rosewood

I don't really have a problem with it, just didn't think it was legal for anyone but the USPS to place things in mailboxes and of course the mailbox owner.

Dub

Great question, man.

I don't know. I've had some recent dealings with FedEx that have me averse to using them in the future.....I can say with absolute certainty that I'll NEVER order primers or powder from Brownell's so long as they ship with FedEx. My last order was my FINAL order.

Driver required signature and then wouldn't complete the delivery without a scan of the back of my driver's license.

This...for 4 pounds of powder.

A couple days later UPS delivered 16 lbs with ZERO antics....just delivered to front door and rolled off.

I've informed Brownells. They couldn't have cared less about the huge overreach.

rosewood

If the driver just wanted to see my ID to verify my name was the one on the order, I could probably go with that, but scanning my license? You should have said you didn't have a license. Would my carry permit be ok? That is definitely overreach.

Funny thing is, when I ordered primers from Brownells a couple of months back, it said Adult sig required. Fedex delivered it and didn't even knock on my door. Just left it there.

Rosewood

specialk

FED EX does handle some us mail....theres a fed drop box mounted in front of the local p.o. near me....look on the label and see what it might tell you.....

rosewood

FED EX does handle some us mail....theres a fed drop box mounted in front of the local p.o. near me....look on the label and see what it might tell you.....
I see nothing but a Fedex Ground label. I do not see anything that makes me think it was USPS.

rosewood

if it is associadted with the USPS it will say Smart Post
Or is that Sure Post? It doesn't have anything like that anywhere on it.

killerv

check the tracking and see if the usps ever had the package

I had one rubberband a package onto my mailbox once because they were too lazy to bring it to door

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
We have never had an issue with fedex or ups as far as service.

I often meet the drivers in the yard and advise them not to back out of the driveway into the street, specifying that if they drive on the grass turning around it is not a problem. In the summer I offer a Gatorade to drivers.

Three months ago a driver said they have been operating at Christmas delivery levels since the beginning of Covid. If I remember correctly he has 272 packages going to 212 stops.

I get great service.

transfixer

I came to the conclusion last year I will not order anything that ships Fedex,,, there was something I wanted to buy from a company out in the midwest, they only had Fed ex as an option for shipping, I called their customer service to ask about a different shipper, was told no, all they use is Fed ex,, I said fine, you won't sell me anything,

as bad as it sounds I'll take USPS before I take Fed ex,, Fed ex is using employees to drive and deliver packages that usually don't even wear a shirt or anything identifying them as Fed ex,, they're basically independent courier contractors,,, no training, no liability

bullgator

I retired from Fedex (Express) last year. No, it’s not allowed. You buy the mailbox, you install the mailbox, and then it’s suddenly government property. We had new couriers leave packages in them and the mailman would take them back to the post office and call us to come get them. I had a residential shipper once leave a package in their mailbox for us to pick up, same thing, the mailman took it. Only the postal service can use your mailbox.

GeorgiaGlockMan

FedEx does drop in my post box occasionally.

Apparently, it makes the usps driver mad cause they crumble our regular mail into a wad shoving it in the box.

rosewood

rosewood

I came to the conclusion last year I will not order anything that ships Fedex,,, there was something I wanted to buy from a company out in the midwest, they only had Fed ex as an option for shipping, I called their customer service to ask about a different shipper, was told no, all they use is Fed ex,, I said fine, you won't sell me anything,

as bad as it sounds I'll take USPS before I take Fed ex,, Fed ex is using employees to drive and deliver packages that usually don't even wear a shirt or anything identifying them as Fed ex,, they're basically independent courier contractors,,, no training, no liability

Friend of mine recently retired from UPS because of a push to retire, he saw the writing on the wall. Went ahead and took the buy out, few months later, they forced retired a lot of folks. He said they have a new CEO that has rescinded the dress codes and other things that made UPS look professional. The UPS drivers may start looking like the Fedex crew once the old school drivers retire and are replaced by the next generations.

Rosewood