Finally finished my first AR build

Robert28

Purchased a blem BCM 16” upper and it finally came in today. For $680 with a free BCM bcg I couldn’t say no to that. Just had to provide my own charging handle, I can do that. They even sent a really nice pen with it, looked on their website and they sell it for $30. They also sent some pic rails and qd mounts. Probably won’t ever use them but it’s nice they included all that. Found a sale on some blem Radian Raptors for $52. The lower was a stripped Aero lower I got awhile back for $69, got a lower parts kit from PSA on one of their sales sometime back for $29. Had the Magpul stock and grip laying around and don’t remember how I came by them now to be honest, that’s what made me want to do this whole build anyways…..finding old gun parts doing nothing. I’m not a big AR guy, I have a cheap Radical Firearms I got because it was $399, I have a Colt le6920 I bought in 2011 that’s just basic….how I like AR’s to be honest. Never been into the whole fancy rails and stuff but I just wanted to see how cheap I could build a decent one to beat around with. Had the sig Romeo 5 I got for $99 from PSA a year ago on one of their Labor Day deals and just stuck it on there. It’ll do.

bullgator

Nice build. BCM makes great uppers. They are known for being durable military grade, but mine is more accurate than I expected. I also agree with keeping them simple. I want to know where everything is in the dark.

Reactions: Dub

Robert28

Nice build. BCM makes great uppers. They are known for being durable military grade, but mine is more accurate than I expected. I also agree with keeping them simple. I want to know where everything is in the dark.
Wasn’t long after I bought the upper that they had a sale of fully assembled BCM lowers for $300. If I hadn’t already had the Aero lower I might have jumped on one of those. I could have had a complete BCM rifle minus the charging handle for under $1000. I honestly can’t find the blem on the upper that’s for sure. It’s a 16”, mid length, chf barrel.

buckpasser

Wasn’t long after I bought the upper that they had a sale of fully assembled BCM lowers for $300. If I hadn’t already had the Aero lower I might have jumped on one of those. I could have had a complete BCM rifle minus the charging handle for under $1000. I honestly can’t find the blem on the upper that’s for sure. It’s a 16”, mid length, chf barrel.

You gonna hunt with it?

transfixer

I got into building AR's a few years back, and got a little carried away with it I guess, I've probably built/put together 7 or 8 of them, still have four complete ones, and waiting on a handguard to finish another one, bought pretty much all the tools necessary, a upper receiver truing kit, barrel nut wrenches, vise inserts for holding uppers and lowers, gas block line up kits, still need to buy a barrel dimpling jig, as some barrels don't come with a dimple for the gas block

I only have one in 5.56/.223, all my others are .300bo or 7.62x39, built one .458socom, (ammo too expensive), plan on a .450bm at some point,

Yeah, its addictive !

Reactions: Dub

Jester896

Senior Clown
i just finished an LMT that I was able to find deals on items...what a savings... and for the most part it is all LMT upper and lower parts.
I will have to say it has one of the worst triggers I remember using in one.

Dub

i just finished an LMT that I was able to find deals on items...what a savings... and for the most part it is all LMT upper and lower parts.
I will have to say it has one of the worst triggers I remember using in one.

LMT is gonna be a great one for you. (y)

Trigger fix, you say ?

:rofl:

IMG_0758.jpeg

Oh yeah, I just gotta look around for a decent scope and mount for it. I got plenty of hogs for it to shoot. I gotta get out and shoot it and see what kind of accuracy I can get out of it first.

You are in luck.

There are more great mounts and purpose-defined scopes & mounts available today than ever before.

krizia829

Sounds like a great deal!

AR's can be so addicting! I currently have a completed 300Blk, 6.5 Grendel and 9mm. I have a pending 5.56 (still need some parts) and my husband has a 350 Legend upper and a 17HMR upper pending a build as well. We have the lowers, just pending remaining parts. They're all simple, different furniture if anything, but I like that we have a caliber ready for anything we want to hunt once they're all complete. They're too much fun!