First and second deer

buckpasser

My wife’s kid brother came into town this weekend. I took him out deer hunting last year and we saw a couple of bucks but got no shot opportunities. He’s big into fishing, so I took him after bass yesterday and he topped his personal best, then topped it again with a 5lber and then a 7lber.

After that we snuck in a ground blind at a new spot and waited for a possible deer sighting. It was my first sit of the year, and at last light two mature does and a fawn emerged. He did this handiwork at about 120 yds with my .300blk AR and could not have been more excited. It was refreshing to see such exhilaration from a hunter making a kill and he’s talked nonstop about the meat since then. I hope he’s a hunter for life now. 5D81634A-8E71-4CD4-9F91-DEDC5E112B85.png4A24B30C-4862-42D2-9617-E3FED255B55B.png

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Congrats to the young man.
It will be hard to top that day!

buckpasser

That’s what I told him!

buckpasser

Only one problem with yesterday, and it’s a good one. My daughter asked me in a sad voice “when can I go shoot one?” after we got home. It made me feel bad but she’s just not quite there yet on long range shooting. I just used it as ammunition to keep her practicing.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
What a day , that young mans smile says it all , congrats to u both !

six

Congrats to you both. You should have took him by a store and let him by a lottery ticket.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I don’t know if you can top a day like that or not. Probably not. Congratulations to both of you. We all should be so lucky!