First for me

I don't get to post on here much, but definitely thought this worth sharing.

If only I was able to sit in my primary stand the morning of the 18th.:mad: Only ever seen these beautiful anomalies in online pics. Checking my cameras on a new club I joined this year and here's what I got. First pic I though was just bad lighting due to time of day and the cheapo Moultrie A-5's I've been running for 4 years now. Club Prez (30+ years) has cameras everywhere and said he's never seen him. Initially I though he was older based on his nose, but the more I evaluate the pic (antlers, belly not hanging), I think he's pretty young, but I am far from any expert. Thoughts?

My Dilemma. Club Prez says to take him if I can (he sorta trophy manages this place). I'd love to let him walk and grow a couple years, but being this is leased land and mix of private and leased land around us, I'm afraid he won't last past someone's else's view in the cross-hairs. Regardless, if I do get the chance and harvest this beauty, it will be a full mount. Anything less would be a disgrace IMHO.

I am now obsessed with him.

Attachments

• MFDC2191 (Calico).jpg
    MFDC2191 (Calico).jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 7,222
  • MFDC5685 (Calico).jpg
    MFDC5685 (Calico).jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 7,508
  • MFDC2290 (Calico).jpg
    MFDC2290 (Calico).jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 6,956

bulldawgborn

Good Looking deer. I don't see him being very old this year. Tough to guess from those pics, but I would tend to lean towards him being 2 1/2

Good Looking deer. I don't see him being very old this year. Tough to guess from those pics, but I would tend to lean towards him being 2 1/2

Yeah, more I look at the pics, more I'm at that 2 year range as well. I'd love to see what he'd turn into @ full development, but don't think it'll be an option in these parts. Maybe I can catch him and fence him in at home.....kidding of course.:biggrin2:

bulldawgborn

He's a beautiful deer for sure. I don't think many people would pass him

Well, sadly after several more sits and pulling camera cards after 2 weeks have passed, not one more sighting of this beauty. No one at our club has seen him either. :(

ucfireman

Maybe you'll be lucky and he's hiding. It would be cool to see what he turns into. I'm sure if someone killed him the you'll hear about it. Keep the cameras out and who knows.

Gumpbuck

Hope he makes it long enough to at least walk past you one more time. It's a tough decision. I agree he needs age, but also agree that he may not make it past another hunter.
If you take him, other than a full mount, tanning the hide would make a great rug or throw for the sofa.

Just got back to town after a week work-long trip. I hope to get back to the land Friday and check cameras.....fingers crossed he pops back up.

Checking all cameras last weekend (17th-18th), I had 2 more pics of him (now seeming to stay in one area). Bad thing was the 17th, I sat all day (at 2 different stands on the hunt land). When checking my card pics that night, dang if he wasn't hanging at the stand I decided not to sit in the AM session......man, what luck. Oh, and all I saw for the 12 hours of sitting were squirrels and armadillos.

Hoping to go sit tomorrow before we had out of town for Christmas weekend. I'm glad he's still around though.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Awesome shots... I'm not tryin to be a Tommy Topper but.. my buddy shot this one earlier this year.. I had no idea a piebald would get this big.. do what makes you happy!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 3,141

willie1971

Awesome shots... I'm not tryin to be a Tommy Topper but.. my buddy shot this one earlier this year.. I had no idea a piebald would get this big.. do what makes you happy!

Dang! I'd have trouble deciding what to tell the taxidermyman what to do. Cool pic

2 week update: No sightings as of tonight either in person or on Camera....my clock is ticking down quickly.

That sure is a nice mature one taken by your buddy. Anything less than a full body mount will not do it justice. Yes, it'll cost a small fortune, but there are rare occasions you just cannot put a price tag on something so few people will ever see.