First north woods grouse and Pink Salmon on a fly rod

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
Congrats Sir! Hope to be able to do similar in a few years myself(overlanding).
If you’re like me, getting it done DIY is 1000 times more rewarding!
Yeah, it is a blast. Heading up for the winter steelhead run this winter and chase some Rios and Merriam's in April. My new vehicle build is making it so much more enjoyable to pursue my activities.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
There are a lot of options out there now for this pastime. You just need to figure out what meets your needs and then build from there. I personally was interested in off-road ability and comfort and ease in setting up camp.

While the Jeep Gladiator Rubicon trim might not be the most comfortable vehicle for driving 80 mph across country on the interstate system, it is not that bad and honestly there are no other trucks built for the US market that even come close to their off-road capabilities. It was the obvious choice for me since acquiring a 70 Series Land Cruiser in good condition is kind of like finding a Unicorn. The 70 Series Land Cruiser is the only other truck out there in the Rubicon's category with regards to capability.

The camper I chose is made for the South African Safari Industry and is rugged, comfortable and truly the easiest system out there to set up. It comes with a lot of well thought out options and is rapidly becoming one of the more popular options in the US, I am beginning to see them whenever I am out and about.