First trip with Agnes

ATLGSP

Had our first trip this morning together at Etowah Valley. Alex and the Etowah team surely know how to make you feel welcome and the field was great.
Agnes did great and we found just about every set they put out and several extra birds. Some issues on her part...more on mine of course. But we both had a great time. We ended the day with 7 quail and a bonus pheasant. Couldn’t be happier with the girl. My wife tagged along and took some awesome pictures. So more to come. 667B696A-F941-43D0-AF47-8758FF0DB442.jpeg2003B245-8118-4A8E-ABA6-7900C27BE9FC.jpeg

dslc6487

Sir: You have a beautiful dog!!! I am 75 years old, but these pictures bring back a lot of memories. I live in middle Georgia and hunted quail when we used to have them. When the season was in, I hunted just about every afternoon after school and on weekends. Had a drop bird dog, half setter half pointer, name was Joe. He could find birds where there were no birds. Some of my most pleasant memories are of me and Joe, and maybe a friend, hunting quail. I live in the country and have a farm, but I have not even heard a quail whistle in "years". Sad, but I will never forget the memories. Congrats, my friend, keep her safe, well fed, and proper vet care and I hope you have many years of successful and memorable hunts with "Agnes".

ATLGSP

Mr. dslc this is the reason my wife takes pictures. To be able to preserve a memory for me and inspire and bring back memories for others. I truly will take the best care of her I can to be able to have the same experience you enjoyed hunting quail when they were here. While things are drastically different now; the time spent afield with dog, family and friend is the same. The joy of watching “good” dog work and pursuit of game is my serenity. The fact that these pictures brought you back to that is lagniappe, and truly mean a ton to me. Obviously still able to get around and navigate technology, so it be great to navigate the field with you one day, and I truly mean that as an invitation. The stories of wild coveys and the days of old are truly inspiring. We may not be perfect, and frankly I don’t want to be, but I would genuinely love to give 1 second of that nostalgia of you and Joe afield and I guarantee I would learn something. Please feel free to PM me.