Fishaholic...

splatek

UAEC
My eleven year old is a certifiable Fishaholic, he will fish anything that has water and usually catch something. He's good, really good.
As it turns out my soon-to-be 2 year old has the bug as well. This past week or so, he has woke up saying "feesh, feesh dada, feesh." I'm starting hi out with a small rod with no line or hook on it and he emulates my casting. Not always a flyrod, sorry about that, but the other day I put some bread on a small barbless fly hook and we went to the local fishing pond. The bluegill were small, but fiesty. He was over the moon and I am pretty sure we've solidified the addiction.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 7.40.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 7.40.13 AM.png

We are using the spinning rod like a cane pole... he isn't that good yet.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 7.39.53 AM.png

after catching a few little ones we decided to pic some wild blackberries and eat a few dandelions.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 7.40.06 AM.png

Seems like he's going to be an outdoor kid and I am all about rewarding that. I think it'll be a few years before he hops in the blind with me looking for bears or deer, but I think he'll like that as well. Fishing provides such fast, constant action that it seems like a good starting point for him (and me with him). My eleven year old hates hunting; can't / doesn't like to sit still. I am hoping that the little one feels differently.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
It’s great seeing him outside and enjoying himself. Your doing great with those two boys

splatek

UAEC
It’s great seeing him outside and enjoying himself. Your doing great with those two boys

Thank you sir. doing my best to keep ‘em outside. There’s no getting them completely away from screens these days, but I’m fighting the fight best I can.

I’m going to try and figure out how to get this little one in the blinds this year even if only for a short while… we shall see how that goes

Latest posts