Fly Fishing Show 2024

Flyguyflies

Feb 2-4. Should be a fantastic show this year....lot of great tiers, and the seminars should be really good too! Ya'll come check it out if you don't have plans.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Two weeks out and no info on seminars, theaters, or tiers? I've been multiple years but without some details I am not likely to make the drive.

Robust Redhorse

Gary Borger

Mac Brown

Frank Burr

Joe Cordeiro

Our own:

Henry-Cowen-Head-Shot-ll-300x300.jpeg
Henry Cowen:
Henry Cowen: Henry has been pursuing striped bass for nearly 40 years in both salt and fresh water. He is currently guiding in fresh water on Lake Sidney Lanier, Lake Allatoona and the Chattahoochee River near Atlanta for landlocked stripers, hybrids, spotted bass and carp. Henry is an accomplished fly designer as his trademarked fly patterns are sold worldwide through Umpqua Feather Merchants. His fly patterns as well as techniques to fly fish continue to appear in magazines such as American Angler, Fly Fish America, Fly Tyer, Fly Fisherman, Angler Magazine and Eastern Fly Fishing. Currently Henry’s name appears on the masthead of both American Angler and Angler Magazine as a contributing writer/editor. Henry was named to the esteemed Yellow Dog Fly Fishing field advisory staff. Henry continues to give seminars on light tackle & fly fishing in both fresh and salt waters as well as tying demos for The Fly Fishing Show and for fly shops and clubs around the country. Henry has appeared as a guest on a number of nationally televised outdoor shows (The Ford Outfitters, The Orvis Sporting life, The Reel Guys, One More Cast w/Shaw Grigsby, O’Neill Outside, Travis Johnson Outdoors & The Nuts and Bolts of Fishing) and continues as a weekly guest on the O’Neil Outside radio show. Henry helped produce and also appears on the video “Fly Fishing for Landlocked Stripers”. He has a book coming out in 2020’ named “Fly Fishing for Freshwater Stripers”. Henry is on Pro Staff with Towee boats and is also a Simms Ambassador along with being an advisor for Scientific Anglers. He is on guide programs with Honda Marine, Sage, RIO Products, TFO, Orvis, Johnson Outdoors (Minnkota/Humminbird) and Smith Optics. You can visit his web site @ www.henrycowenflyfishing.com.

Jeff Currie

George Daniel

Pat Dorsey

Ed Engle

Tim Flagler

Rob Giannino

Matt Green

Might as well be our own:
Kevin Howell: Kevin Howell is the owner and operator of Davidson River Outfitters Inc., located in Pisgah Forest. Kevin is the former Fly Fishing Masters World Champion. Kevin is also a Montana Fly Company Signature Fly Designer, where he helps create new fly designs for the fly fishing industry. In 2017 Kevin was inducted into the “Legends of the Fly” Hall of Fame and in 2018 he was inducted into the Southeast Fly Fishing Museum Hall of Fame. Kevin has been guiding the rivers and streams of Western North Carolina and East Tennessee for trout and smallmouth bass since the mid 1980’s. When not guiding or tying flies Kevin can be found fishing in his home waters with his two sons David and Andrew and his wife Mellissa.

Our own:
Steve Hudson: Steve Hudson, a writer, teacher and lifelong fly fisher, says he may have the best of all possible jobs – one that lets him share the excitement of the fly fishing with others. An award-winning journalist and illustrator, he has written extensively on fly fishing, fly tying, hiking and travel.
Steve is the author of more than 30 fly fishing and fly tying books, including the acclaimed “101” series of introductory fly fishing and fly tying guides. These “101” guides have introduced thousands to flyfishing and fly tying and are popular “textbooks” in introductory classes across the United States.
Steve recently authored CHATTAHOOCHEE TROUT, a 328-page guide that’s been called “the definitive work on fishing for trout in north Georgia’s acclaimed Chattahoochee River.” This comprehensive and highly detailed guide covers the river’s trout water from its mountain headwaters to its storied tailwater trout fishery near Atlanta with detailed info on access, tactics, flies, gear and more.
Steve’s companion book, CHATTAHOOCHEE FLIES, teaches readers how to tie a flybox full of favorite patterns for flyfishing for Chattahoochee trout.Current projects include several new entries in the “101” series, among them a practical guide to fishing small streams for brook trout as well as a beginner’s guide to rod building.
Steve is also the creator of the award-winning TIE IT & TRY IT series of fly tying kits. Each kit includes a detailed 20- to 28-page book designed to teach you how to tie each pattern, along with materials to tie of plenty of flies too. Currently in the works are several exciting new additions to the TIE IT & TRY IT series, including kits focusing on traditional balsa popping bugs and on articulated streamers as well as kits spotlighting several classic southern Appalachian patterns.
When not busy writing, Steve enjoys teaching others about flyfishing, fly tying and the out-of-doors. He is a frequent speaker and teacher on hiking, fly fishing, fly tying, and outdoor recreation, having led seminars and workshops from Alaska to Florida.
Steve has three grown children (and two grandkids, which he will talk about endlessly if given the slightest opportunity). He lives in Roswell, Ga., with his wife Ann, Zoe the cat, and Ellie the Miniature Schnauzer.

Our own:
Jimmy Jacobs: Jimmy Jacobs is the editor/publisher of On The Fly South web journal covering fly-fishing destinations throughout the southeastern states, Caribbean and Central America. He is the former editor of Georgia Sportsman Magazine. Jacobs is a member of the Georgia Outdoor Writers Association Hunting and Fishing Hall of Fame and the Fly Fishing Museum of Southern Appalachia Hall of Fame.

Michael Mauri

Landon Mayer

Karin Miller

Brian O’Keefe

Jason Randall

Allen Rupp

Luong Tam

Jake Villwock

AND -

Our own staff of Unicoi Outfitters, The Fish Hawk, and Alpharetta Outfitters!!!

almoore

The only thing on the site now is celebrities and exhibitors and one class. Based on past years, the seminars, casting and tying demos, etc. will be listed on the site soon - and will be excellent. I'm a volunteer at a nonprofit booth and go all three days and enjoy it more each year.

Jimmy Harris

We're certainly looking forward to this event as always. Henry Cowen will be tying in our booth Friday 11 - 2 and Saturday 11 - 3.

longrangedog

Got a new fly shop coming to Dahlonega. They're setting up now in a building next to the bbq place on the square. Daniel Bowman is the owner and guide. They have access to a long stretch of the Etowah.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've thought about going, I just don't want to go into Atlanta to see it. :)

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
You’re close but not in the city really. You can attend and get back north without going in the city proper. You decide to attend let me know, there’s plenty of watering holes and eateries that way.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

You’re close but not in the city really. You can attend and get back north without going in the city proper. You decide to attend let me know, there’s plenty of watering holes and eateries that way.
With other things happening it will probably be Sunday if I go.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I ll probably miss this year. Not up to it and if I can manage to travel it’ll be to support our friend crakca

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I ll probably miss this year. Not up to it and if I can manage to travel it’ll be to support our friend crakca
Debating on going today to see craka.

trad bow

Let me know if you need a sidekick. I can manage the drive to your place.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Let me know if you need a sidekick. I can manage the drive to your place.
Thinking today might be less of a commotion than tomorrow. I know it is about 2 hours from your abode to the funeral home. Which day would you choose?

Going to visitation not the actual funeral.

trad bow

That depends on whether we make a long day out of it and attend the fly fishing show ahead of the visitation.