Fly Fishing Show 2024

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
That depends on whether we make a long day out of it and attend the fly fishing show ahead of the visitation.
Didn't think you could do both.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Didn't think you could do both.
If you drove from your home and I take a small folding chair, I should be fine. No work involved would make Ms D happy.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
If you drove from your home and I take a small folding chair, I should be fine. No work involved would make Ms D happy.
Which vehicle will you be most comfortable riding in?

trad bow

Truck. I have a hard time getting into just about any vehicle. So it really depends on whether you won’t be embarrassed by helping me out of vehicle. Lower the ride goes the harder it is for me to roll out of. I have no ligaments left in either knee

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Truck. I have a hard time getting into just about any vehicle. So it really depends on whether you won’t be embarrassed by helping me out of vehicle. Lower the ride goes the harder it is for me to roll out of. I have no ligaments left in either knee
Didn't see this until we got back to 30055.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Back from the flyfishingshow. It really has turned into a destination package event. Yes the fly tiers row was good but seemed to be less vendors selling feathers, tools, hooks, etc than there has been in years past. Managed to spend some money the things I went for but there weren't any real bargains IMO as most items were the same as you would find in a brick and mortar store. Glad I went but probably won't go back next year. And yes I have been at least 4 years maybe 5.

trad bow

I’m worn out. I’ve still got a ways to go to get my stamina up. I got to show more restraint on my extracurricular activities around here.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
I enjoyed the show, and since I had a few friends as exhibiters and tiers, along with some Mexican and Bahamian guides I have fished with in the past, there was a lot of free beer and some good corn from one of the tiers, which, as usual led to buying more rods that I will probably only use once or twice, though I did get to cast some really fantastic rods. Hardy has a new 10wt that I ended up buying for a Mexican or Keys Permit and 40 to 60 lb tarpon rod, I cast it hitting the rings every cast out to 50 or so feet, which is about as long as the casting area was. Nothing like casting a rod costing close to a thousand dollars when you have a 6 pack or so of beer (probably a wee bit more were I to be honest) in ya.....and you hit every target with ease.....It really is a good place to try out rods that you would probably never encounter in most of the shops in GA and few of the shops in Florida. The only problem is, you cannot have stage fright with half a dozen or more people watching you cast, and I saw some friends of mine that I know can cast great that had a hard time throwing a decent loop with all those folks watching.

Last edited: