Food plot plant ID

TurkeyDreamer

I planted spring food plots about 6 weeks ago. This budding plant is growing extensively and I’m not sure if it’s something that will need to be terminated or if it’s part of my mix.
I know this plot has Whitetail Institute extreme, which is a blend of persist forb and WINA 100 chicory. I think I also used a little bit of some Alfa rack which has alfalfa and imperial clover.

What are the white buds? I don’t see any clover when I look.
IMG_1098.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’d bet it was in your mix . Whatever it is you got a good stand .
Do u have a close up picture ?
If it’s a weed it’s not a common one in my area I don’t think .

TurkeyDreamer

I figured it was in the mix but this is the first time I’ve planted it so I wasn’t sure what the forb or chicory would look like at this stage. No I’ll try to do that next time I go out unless someone can identify it for sure.

TurkeyDreamer

Found this on the internet…not sure if it’s accurate or not but may explain why this is showing up…

“Scientists have taken a gene from Rabbit Foot clover and put it into White clover. The genetically engineered White clover does not cause bloat like natural White clover.”

bilgerat

Senior
If you have an I phone it has a built in plant I’d. take a photo and save it , open it in photos and click the little circle thingy with the i in it at the bottom . Then click look up plant .IMG_6320.png

Last edited: