For those that use sticks to get to your lockon...how often do you replace those

rstallings1979

or do you simply replace those in which you are able to take off the straps? I have some older muddys that I really like but you can't find the straps anymore. The straps look to be in decent shape and I keep them stored inside in the off season.

I leave mine on the tree. I have several that are completely grown into the tree and will never come off the tree!

But, I will replace them when they fail. I also use ratchet straps on them, not what they give me.

IIICrkRepr

We use ratchet straps on the top and bottom location, use the cheaper stand provided straps for the middle, replace very couple of years but leave them out year around.

1982ace

A lot of variables can affect lifespan of straps. I inspect mine every year. Having them on a tree on edge of field where they get a lot of sunlight will deteriorate them faster. Squirrels can chew on them. Having said that, I say 3 seasons and I’m changing regardless.$20 and you’re back in the game.

uturn

Most of mine hang a long time but I freshen up the straps and life lines every year!

Finally headed up this weekend to polish my craft...even though I’m a lot older than I used to be and not as nimble I can sure still hangun!!

I‘ll be doin it a lone as usual but sure lookin forward to it!

Freshen them up and go again is what I say!!!

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I usually loosen the straps at the end of each season to get the tension off and just leave it all there. Headed to Illinois Labor Day weekend to hang 4 more for this season and check the straps on a couple that have been there a few years.... bout that time!!!!

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Leave them out and check them yearly. Dont know that I've ever replaced a set either :bounce:

Pull lifelines at the end of every season

rutnbuk

I pull everything and store at the end of the season. Crazy weather, heat ,cold rain etc... just makes me feel better. It is a little more work but it helps things last IMO. However- I don't trust straps on sticks for any amount of time- just me. Only use chains on custom sticks. Solid and I never have to worry about testing my lifeline. TO each his own- but I would not trust straps that have spent multiple seasons out in the elements.

Ihunt

I pull everything at the end of the year and start putting them back out in August. It’s a lot of work. I have 1 set thats 15 years old but I’ve obviously used a lot of straps over the years. I use 2 ratchet straps in addition to the 2 pull type for a 4 section set.