Found! Good Persimmon Grafting Wood

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Do the seeds from Meaders and Yates grow?
I don't know. The problem with seedlings is that most of them turn out to be males.

sghoghunter

I cut a handful of scions off a grafted female I bought a couple years ago and they been hanging out in the bottom of the fridge for a couple months. Couple weeks ago I decided to try this grafting again but only done two. So far my success rate is 50% with one showing good green. Now I wish I would have tried to find some better scion wood earlier to try

Attachments

• IMG_2507.jpeg
    IMG_2507.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 15

Jim Boyd

I cut a handful of scions off a grafted female I bought a couple years ago and they been hanging out in the bottom of the fridge for a couple months. Couple weeks ago I decided to try this grafting again but only done two. So far my success rate is 50% with one showing good green. Now I wish I would have tried to find some better scion wood earlier to try

Good start!!!!

Kdog

My only chance to get back to the property is this weekend, so I will have to make it work. Going to focus on a larger tree in the pasture since the others were dying off.

Jim Boyd

My only chance to get back to the property is this weekend, so I will have to make it work. Going to focus on a larger tree in the pasture since the others were dying off.

Knock ‘em dead!

I am going to try to do some this weekend, as well.

Wish me luck, I bombed in 2023…..

Jim Boyd

IMG_5206.jpegIMG_5207.jpegIMG_5208.jpegIMG_5210.jpegIMG_5212.jpegIMG_5213.jpegIMG_5211.jpegIMG_5214.jpegStarting with Meadors

Attachments

• IMG_5207.jpeg
    IMG_5207.jpeg
    250.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5206.jpeg
    IMG_5206.jpeg
    440.6 KB · Views: 1

Jim Boyd

IMG_5217.jpegIMG_5218.jpegIMG_5219.jpegIMG_5221.jpegIMG_5216.pngThis joker sprang up right next to an old deer stand.

Jim Boyd

Just discovered 5 females that are loaded.

Jim Boyd

Working to clear brush and add 4 converted trees by the 5 females