From the treetops to the stovetop

Dub

Nothing better than time afield with your boy.

First time when he's armed is a might testy on the nerves, I'll admit. :rofl:

Awesome looking chap and a proud meal right there.

Thanks for taking us along for the ride. :)

Hillbilly stalker

For those of you that say it's been a long time since you ate squirrel, what's keeping you? Have we all got so caught up in big game that we've neglected the small game species? They're easy to kill, easy to clean, and easy to cook. You don't need a dog or an expensive rifle. And it's a whole lot of fun going after them.
Amen to that brother ! I done eat so many squirrel this year...every time I pass a hickory tree my eyes start to water. One of them new fangled "Instant pots" make them a breeze to cook many ways. (y)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you that say it's been a long time since you ate squirrel, what's keeping you? Have we all got so caught up in big game that we've neglected the small game species? They're easy to kill, easy to clean, and easy to cook. You don't need a dog or an expensive rifle. And it's a whole lot of fun going after them.
I can't find a good squirrel processor.

ambush80

I took 2lbs. of squirrels to the processor an only got back 3 summer sausages. Never again.:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe:banginghe

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I would love a plate of fried Squirrel right now. That looks exactly like the way my Mama cooked it. Including the gravy and the Biscuits. You raising that fine young man right.

Dr. Strangelove

Great hunt and the grub looks awesome!

Missed the rifle in the pic at first and wondered what kind of advances they had made in Red Ryders since I had mine, lol.