Fun Season

sportsman94

Welp, it’s been fun, but it’s about time to hang it up. Might try to run a nest predator line around the house over the next couple weeks to help out the turkeys since we seem to have more around than the last several years. But realistically I won’t make time for it. Sometime this off season I’m gonna figure out how to catch 100% of what comes near my sets. Stay tuned! Couple pics that I don’t think I’ve shared this season.

IMG_9451.jpegIMG_9422.jpegIMG_9436.jpegIMG_9396.jpegIMG_9400.jpegIMG_9362.jpegIMG_9353.jpeg
IMG_9355.jpeg

IMG_9470.jpeg

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Just pulled the last trap here, ended up with 8 raccoons, 5 coyotes, 2 red foxes and a possum in 3 weeks.

You had a good season

sportsman94

If you figure out how to catch a 100% of what approaches you will be doing something trappers haven’t been able to do for hundreds of years.

Haha, I know it’s an impossible goal, but it’s what I’ll continue to strive for. I’m gonna experiment with scent placement and blocking over cameras this summer to see if I can line up a higher percentage over a pan. Last year dirt holes were clicking a lot better for me. Seemed that they wanted the bait more than they did this year. This year I had a lot of one sniff visits and/or coyotes blowing right by sets without slowing down. I know it’s all part of the game, but if I can figure out how to get a higher percentage of the one sniff visits I’d be happy. I had a goal for coyotes this season, but wasted too much time on properties where the coyotes just weren’t there and/or had properties cut short when I started loosing equipment. Fell way short of what I wanted to catch. Gonna try to line up some more land next season to try to meet that goal.

CJ, I’ve got traps ready. If someone calls me and wants me to set bad enough I’ll be happy too. But I’m out of decent land for now