Poooffffff...They GON!!!!!

zaraspook04

Bulloch county down below Stilson...Well...had a few hundred birds in an 8 acre area by the dove field. The birds have been there for several weeks...consistently every morning and every afternoon. Wednesday afternoon, about the time the eye of the storm came through, there were probably 100 or so on the power line.

Poooofffffff....they are GON!!!! Sat the field yesterday afternoon and saw 2 on the power line. Sat the field this morning and saw 1 on the power line. I talked to a couple guys in the area and the same thing has happened on their fields.

Thanks Idalia....you blew the luv bugs in and the doves out!!!!!

The 12 acres of grain sorghum and brown top millet are a couple weeks out. I hope more birds show up for a late 1st season shoot.

What are y'all experiencing since the hurricanator came through.

Big7

The Oracle
Guess I really messed up then. I was thinking it was next weekend as we haven't had a 1st Sat this early in a while.

No bird guns here and birdshot is in the X's basement except a handful.. Be kinda hard to shoot dove with a 20 inch 870 and #2's and Double Ought.

Then there's this little thing called a LICENSE. facepalm:
Guess this 5 day long massive headache and running to primary care and neurologist this past week really messed me up.

Looks like if I go at all tomorrow, it will be after lunch when it's good and hot.
:bounce:

Big7

The Oracle
I was afraid that hurry cane was going to mess them up. Seems like we get a storm of some kind every year just in time to run the birds off.

Got to be global warming. :huh:

hawkeye123

We had just a few in middle ga on the 3 acres of millet a few of us are hunting in Upson co..now we have a bunch..looks like s Ga & Fla birds got pushed up here, been seeing a bunch more on lines around Griffin too on ride home since Hurricane

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Guess I really messed up then. I was thinking it was next weekend as we haven't had a 1st Sat this early in a while.

No bird guns here and birdshot is in the X's basement except a handful.. Be kinda hard to shoot dove with a 20 inch 870 and #2's and Double Ought.

Then there's this little thing called a LICENSE. facepalm:
Guess this 5 day long massive headache and running to primary care and neurologist this past week really messed me up.

Looks like if I go at all tomorrow, it will be after lunch when it's good and hot.
:bounce:
Sounds like you need to take a break from the computer and get your priorities in order :cheers:

Big7

The Oracle
Sounds like you need to take a break from the computer and get your priorities in order :cheers:
Just a little chaos in the personal life at the moment and been having a headache spell for several days in a row..

I told my neurologist just 2 days ago that I was going off the Gabapentin. Been taking that since my surgery in 2018 and a side effect is short term memory loss and being scatter brained.
Supposed to reverse when you stop taking it.

He's good though. He's not crazy about writing all these antidepressants "off label" for various sundry things + he ain't the one that put me on it.
A LOT of Dr.s nowadays put you on antidepressants for everything from a hang nail to open heart surgery.
facepalm:

Been a lot more worried about hunting deer on public land than dove. Different public dove fields ain't been good at all compared to what I'm used to.

DNR puts a LOT more emphasis and resources into the quota fields. They look better than Ag crops.

zaraspook04

It's gonna be to dang nice tomorrow...63 in the morning and 84 tomorrow afternoon. I am gonna sit in the field with my fingers crossed and a loaded shotgun. I'm sure I'll almost shoot some butterflies and dragon flies too. Just took out 6 pounds of pheasant breast to season in the morning for the cookout and football tomorrow night. I hope the pheasant isn't needed cause we kill a mess of doves.

Good luck to all tomorrow...I wish limits for everyone. Most importantly...be safe and have fun!!!