G3 urban carry holster

leroy

Anyone have one, seen ad looks interesting but looks like it would be somewhat complicated

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230709_160201_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230709_160201_Chrome.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 36

transfixer

they've been around a while, I don't know anyone who has ever bought one, they don't interest me as they take up too much real estate, I carry appendix most times now, and to me a good quality kydex appendix style holster takes up less space , and is more secure , and in my mind has to be quicker to access than that thing

Reactions: Dub

FlipKing

My buddy carries one with a hellcat. He really likes it. I can however outdraw him 10 out of 10 times

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
No for me too on that one.
I did buy an urban carry paddle holster that was versatile but TOO bulky.
It did however have some excellent leather work and leather. I unstitched theholster from the paddle and had a shoe repairman stitch an IWB clip to it. I like its smooth feel. I'd still like a little more retention, but I understand they are curing that with the new ones

DAVE

Even if the urban holster was better than any other in the world, I am not carrying anything pointed at important body parts.

Dub

Even if the urban holster was better than any other in the world, I am not carrying anything pointed at important body parts.

I sorta solved that riddle.....while recovering from disc surgery.

I'd been in the practice of wearing my IWB holsters behind the hip.

For reasons that I can attribute to the subsequent disc & nerve damage/repairs I'd have discomfort at times that was alleviated by carrying in front of the hip IWB.
Actual appendix carry was very comfortable...but I shared your concerns with where the muzzle was pointed.

Positioning the IWB holster further away from the AIWB position and just in front of hip IWB was golden.

The cant angle provided by the holster further ensures that the muzzle is pointed away from vital veins and such. :bounce:

I know I sound like a broken record on the subject, but I am one grateful hombre in the Milt Sparks Summer Special 2.
I'm toting a 5" steel framed 1911 in one today....in comfort.

What we carry and how we carry is such an individual decision on what we are comfortable with. I'm grateful to have found a solution that works for me and accommodates a weapon that is also comforting if ever needed.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Are we brothers?

Iwb at 10 o'clock on my offside for me. REVERSE cant. Muzzle pointed across my hip instead of at myself. Facilitates much better access while seatbelted into a vehicle than either aiwb or 4 oclock. 4 o'clock always interfered with the seatbelt buckle and has poor seated access and liable to show like plain daylight on exiting the vehicle.
And I really like the fact that if I see someone is making me, I can see and know about it and not have them in my blind spot behind me.
Makes me very comfortable with carrying a larger firearm than a subcompact.

FlipKing

I trust my gun and holster . I carry appendix, as close to my buckle as I can. MR920

Dub

One thing that about it.....there's a pile of ways to carry...and different gun makes & models to carry.....but hopefully everyone here IS carrying and IS safe & efficient with accessing and using what they are carrying.....be it a trusted knife, gun or both.

There are is a world filled with criminals and their ranks are growing.

Heck....our government is taking measures to grow the number....and to set them free without so much as a slap on the wrist.

The criminal aspect is emboldened.

The below quote was true when he spoke it.....and even more true today:

pmqnybtbfx101.jpeg