1911 holsters

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
I miss my VM2. I sold it with my Para because the Para was the only Commander size I had.
Well @Dub you are almost as bad as @Jester896 making me buy stuff ::ke: :rofl:

Drinking coffee after a slow morning and pulled the trigger. Looks like they have a monster backlog so lucky to see a 5” model in stock.

Any recommendations on mag holsters for 1911? Better grab some now before my credit card cools down.

View attachment 1228066

I have been carrying concealed for close to 40 years now. I'm not a big guy 5'8" and stay around 180lbs.

I love the Versa Max style holsters better for me than the Summer Special.

The VMax distributes the weight over a wider area. I really like that about that style.

I have a Summer special style holster for my RIA BBR 3.10 and use it some, but since it became my primary CC choice it now rides in a VMax style.

deerslayer357

I ordered a summer special 2 (left hand) in October. Was told 6 months backlog. Called in April and was told they were working on august orders still. So hopefully I will get it by late summer I guess.

In the mean time I ordered a simply rugged ‘cuda holster. I absolutely love it 5-6 months in and have no complaints.

Dub

I ordered a summer special 2 (left hand) in October. Was told 6 months backlog. Called in April and was told they were working on august orders still. So hopefully I will get it by late summer I guess.

In the mean time I ordered a simply rugged ‘cuda holster. I absolutely love it 5-6 months in and have no complaints.

You will have that Cuda for many, many years of service.

pacecars

The first holster I got for concealed carry when I got my concealed weapons permit was a Milt Sparks Summer Special I bought from Brownells because it was in stock and it had good reviews from all the experts. It was a great choice and I carried a full size 1911 for a long time. The rough out exterior was worn smooth before I ever switched and started buying custom holsters. It is probably around here somewhere

Reactions: Dub

Lilly001

Well Dub I got my summer special.
I love the fit.
I wore it for several days but I had to stop when it rubbed a raw spot behind my hip. That rough finish leather really holds its place but I guess I’m to soft until I build a tolerance .
Im going to give my skin time to heal and then start wearing it with a t shirt tucked in between it and my skin.

GregoryB.

I love the fit.
I wore it for several days but I had to stop when it rubbed a raw spot behind my hip. That rough finish leather really holds its place but I guess I’m to soft until I build a tolerance .
Im going to give my skin time to heal and then start wearing it with a t shirt tucked in between it and my skin.
Could you add a piece of Mole Skin where it rubs against you ? I have used it on lots of hot spots like that.

Dub

I love the fit.

I've always worn an undershirt when carrying concealed. (y)

Lilly001

I now have a couple weeks wearing my summer special with a t shirt between my skin and the holster.
It is very comfortable and stays put.
Drawing is very natural and smooth.
Reholstering is also good.
I’m glad I followed Dub’s advise.

Dub

I now have a couple weeks wearing my summer special with a t shirt between my skin and the holster.
It is very comfortable and stays put.
Drawing is very natural and smooth.
Reholstering is also good.
I’m glad I followed Dub’s advise.

Very glad you are liking it. :banana:

One of the really favorable aspects of the SS2 and similar......for me, at least, is the ability to wear them in different locations around the body.
I don't always wear behind the hip....sometimes in front of it...in a near AWIB position.

Sure is nice keeping pressure off the ole spine on the days were it wants to act up.

Milt Sparks are a class act. Professionals doing professional work.