Gander Mountain coming to Albany?

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
we got a gander in opelika and that is the most worthless store i have been in. it is another 6 miles to the nearest academy and i just drive to it. i sure hope we get an academy in columbus or phenix city. gander ain't worth the dirt it's built on !

When Wallyworld and the internet is about all you got, a Gander Mountain will do nicely.

Oldstick

Gander's prices are only reasonable when there is a sale.

I used to buy a LOT of stuff from them in their catalog days, then they sold out Bass Pro.

I remember then. There use to be some great deals in the sales catalogs and you had to be quick on the telephone (no internet then). I thought it was the Cabella's catalog dept that bought them out, but regardless I haven't seen any deals like that since then.

mudracing101

I went to Academy and Gander mountain in Valdosta looking for some 3 1/2 inch shotgun shells. Gander had a larger selection and cheaper prices on that paticular item, i left happy cause there is no where else to find them around here. Guess its what you are looking for and it pays to shop around and have a choice.

davemann16

Yeah we're getting one near the Albany Mall. It was announced 7/21/13 in the Albany Herald, and construction crews are on site.

golffreak

They broke ground on one in Dothan, AL a few weeks ago. We've also had an Academy for several months now. I do hear that GM is high on their prices. Academy is only about 1 mile away from where GM will be and they stay busy.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
me too mig. gander in dothan is still alive, but it aint because i shop there. locals first, academy and internet a close second for me.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I hated to hear this. I live in Americus and we only have one store where you can buy hunting, fishing, and outdoor stuff and it ain't anything to write home about and is overpriced. Of course we have Wal Mart but again, leaves a lot to be desired.

It was worth the forty minute ride to Albany for me because Gander Mountain had whatever I needed. It was high and they did juice me a few months ago when I was buying a ghillie suit but it was about the best option around.

Now I'll have to drive all the way to Columbus when I need hunting stuff. Camping World is moving to where the GM Albany location is. I aint in the market for a camper or RV.