**** General Weather Discussion Thread #8 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Just a fair warning. DDD may come in here saying the sss,,,,,,,,,,sssss,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,snnn,,,,,,,,,,, that evil word over the next two weeks, but it's nothing to worry about. Just him getting giddy about the prospect within 400 miles of us.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Slim chance of the S-thing here tomorrow night according to the local 4cast. Hard freeze for sure.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Slim chance of the S-thing here tomorrow night according to the local 4cast. Hard freeze for sure.

We're not talking about tomorrow night. ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In a new blog post coming soon, even though I am allegedly on vacation, I will look at this short-term output with regard to winter #gawx pic.twitter.com/U7xzMgwQVi</p>— Kirk Mellish (@MellishMeterWSB) October 23, 2017</blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Here is our local for Sunday:

Sun
OCT 29
Rain to Snow
39°21°

80%
NW 12 mph
A steady rain in the morning tapering to showers and becoming mixed with snow in the afternoon. High 39F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 80%.

Sun Night
OCT 29
Snow Showers Early
--21°

60%
NW 10 mph
Snow showers early. Breaks in the overcast later. Low 21F. Winds NW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 60%. Snow accumulations less than one inch.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Just a fair warning. DDD may come in here saying the sss,,,,,,,,,,sssss,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,snnn,,,,,,,,,,, that evil word over the next two weeks, but it's nothing to worry about. Just him getting giddy about the prospect within 400 miles of us.

James Spann had an interesting facebook posting today.

toyota4x4h

Im gonna just go ahead and put up the res of my stove pipe outside this week and be ready cause I think ill be burning a far pretty soon!! YEYEYEYEYE

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I tried to get DDD to come on here and talk about it, but he's still pouting from last winters lame showing. :bounce:

Peoples needs to know abouts the snow, except Smokey since he is under a no snow dome...

James Spann is saying 40's for highs and rain in north Ala. saturday.
Sunday for us??????DDD...MIGGY......

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Peoples needs to know abouts the snow, except Smokey since he is under a no snow dome...

Nope, not gonna do it. This is DDD's territory.

Want me to publish his cell phone number here for everybody to use? ::ke::rofl::rofl::rofl:::gone:

normaldave

GON Weatherman
A representation of what happens when DDD's light comes on in the forum, right after the "S" word is first mentioned...:pop: (fwiw, I'm the one on the lower left of the screen...)

Edit: must have broken the rules, I copied the embed code in a youtube for the monolith scene (dawn of man) in 2001 a space odyssey.

Well, you get the idea..."What's DDD going to say?"

Last edited:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
When DDD does show up in here you'll here him spouting off at the mouth about the QBO (Quasi-Biennial Oscillation)

Just grin and nod like you understand it and wait for him to get to the point. :rofl:

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
When DDD does show up in here you'll here him spouting off at the mouth about the QBO (Quasi-Biennial Oscillation)

Just grin and nod like you understand it and wait for him to get to the point. :rofl:

Sort of like in the PF!

smokey30725

The no snow dome is the debil. :banginghe

toyota4x4h

38 this morning. My old house with old windows struggles to get above 65 these days during the day and drops rather quick at night!

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
If you're going to be up in Gatlinburg the beginning of next week you might just see a flake or three.

snod.us_ov.png

gfs_asnow_seus_41.png

Last edited:

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I can't believe the boy ain't got his rear end in here yet.

Here's a teaser from North Georgia Weather on Facebook.

I think it's a little aggressive, but given the last map I saw for mid November, maybe not.

22829820_1463502840364989_5701024362643768080_o.png

Status
Not open for further replies.