**** General Weather Discussion Thread #8 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like moderate is what we want. 2010-11 was moderate and that's the year we had around 4" at Christmas and another 4-6 sometime in January. Also had below freezing highs for nearly two weeks at the house I remember cause I was scrambling to keep pipes from freezing.

That was miserable here. We had 30" of wet, heavy snow in the before-Christmas storm that broke and pulled down thousands of trees. Caved in people's roofs and barns and sheds, and took out power to hundreds of thousands. Ambulances and fire trucks and power company trucks couldn't get through the roads because of the snow and all the fallen trees. People died, quite a few of them. They had to get the big graders and articulated loaders out to clear the roads. There were drifts 10-12 feet deep in the low areas. It took months to clean up from it. Then we got the sub-zero cold set in. Don't really see why we "want " more of that. You can have my share of it. :)

toyota4x4h

I know there's always bad things that come with snow. Same with rain and wind. But I'd love to have a measurable snow every year here. 4-6" would make me happy.

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
That was miserable here. We had 30" of wet, heavy snow in the before-Christmas storm that broke and pulled down thousands of trees. Caved in people's roofs and barns and sheds, and took out power to hundreds of thousands. Ambulances and fire trucks and power company trucks couldn't get through the roads because of the snow and all the fallen trees. People died, quite a few of them. They had to get the big graders and articulated loaders out to clear the roads. There were drifts 10-12 feet deep in the low areas. It took months to clean up from it. Then we got the sub-zero cold set in. Don't really see why we "want " more of that. You can have my share of it. :)

Wouldn't wish that on anyone brother! Well almost , I do have one exception!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Snowing here right now. High is supposed to be 35 today, with 25mph wind gusts. Good day to hole up and eat bacon.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Snowing here right now. High is supposed to be 35 today, with 25mph wind gusts. Good day to hole up and eat bacon.

I cruised the Cherohala Skyway yesterday. Up to 4200 ft the color on the mountains was great. Above that up to the summit at 5300 ft was a white out of clouds. Especially at the summit. Couldn't do more than 20 or 30 mph, just couldn't see anything on the road.

FWIW, you're gonna really love the week of Nov. 13th. Jis sayin dawg. ::gone:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I cruised the Cherohala Skyway yesterday. Up to 4200 ft the color on the mountains was great. Above that up to the summit at 5300 ft was a white out of clouds. Especially at the summit. Couldn't do more than 20 or 30 mph, just couldn't see anything on the road.

FWIW, you're gonna really love the week of Nov. 13th. Jis sayin dawg. ::gone:

By the middle of November, I pretty much expect it to just continuously suck in a frozen manner from there until about the end of April. :)

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Blue Ridge Ga right now.

22815458_10214796039518203_7709176233789228715_n.jpg

smokey30725

My pastor lives right outside of Trenton on Sand Mountain and said it's coming down good there.

Status
Not open for further replies.