Gold DRT broadheads from Dirt Nap Gear

dgann611

Just got in the new Gold broadheads from Dirt Nap Gear! These are a limited edition so get yours while you can. Hoping to get a late season harvest with these bad boys.

www.dirtnapgear.com

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-12-21 at 12.51.30 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-12-21 at 12.51.30 PM.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 1,292

KillZone

Got my red ones the other day, fly great and excellent penetration.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
These heads are brutally deadly to say the least. Shoot, sharpen and shoot again...and repeat as many times as you like.

I've shot 5 deer with them now, 2 bucks and 3 does ranging from 130lbs up to around 250lbs. The first 4 fell within sight and although I had great blood, I didnt need the trail. The last one I heard fall so I didnt really need a blood trail, but this is what it looked like:D:D

I do have to say that the buck that bubba killed in MO this year did not leave a drop of blood that we could find. Well except on the arrow which was a complete pass and covered in blood. While looking he kept saying that "he thought it was a great shot" and that "if this is all the blood they leave then he may have to go back to sumn else" and blah blah blah. The same things we all seem to say when we lose one. Well we found his buck about 60 yards from where he shot it. The shot was one of the craziest things I've ever seen. The entry was high with a slight quarter towards him, but when the arrow went in it turned left and went thru the ENTIRE body and came out in the rear opposite ham. It did not hit anything vital in the ham so that was just a very light trickle of blood and the entry was high and had almost no blood on it. So no blood trail. Had nothing to do with head and of course the deer died within 60 yards so everything was fine. But you just never know what happens when you release an arrow and a lost deer or no blood almost never has anything to do with the head or the design of the head.

Shoot em up boys

Ihunt

Put a red one through a nice buck Friday. Exited through the opposite shoulder. Pleased with the head

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Put a red one through a nice buck Friday. Exited through the opposite shoulder. Pleased with the head

I just got these from you. Good looking in and out. Gorgeous buck too!

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1,214
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 1,429

Ihunt

Thanks. Figured people may want to see an exit hole through the shoulder. There are many fine heads out there. This is just one of them.

The Fever

Jim I've never been big on this style but you're beginning to make me want a set.....

pasinthrough

This past summer I bought a one pack of the single bevel to try out. The one pack are blems but other than the coating being chipped, it has worked quite well. I shot it all summer, touched it up and killed a doe in Sept. Used my Gatco sharpener to put the edge back on it and killed a spike in October. Touched it up again and it's back in the quiver. I may get one more with it, who knows?

Attachments

• drt2.jpg
    drt2.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 621
  • drt1.jpg
    drt1.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 611

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Someone as asking me about these this morning on FB and this is my quoted thoughts...

"I've yet to even chip one of these main blades. Tough as nails and nothing to fail. Just like any head, if it's a good shot it's a dead deer and if it's a bad shot it may or may not be, but not because of the head lol. The blood trails are good, but not as good as a 2" mechanical."

I've had zero issues with flight, before or after having my bow tuned by Kris. I have recently had a fella tell me that he cant get them to fly with his field tips and I don't know what to tell him other than move the sight like we used to do and never even think anything about it.

Also have had a couple of people mention that they whistle in flight. I haven't heard it and even if it's there, I can promise ya that the deer don't care

So try em out. Worst case is you don't like them and burn $35 or so:D

BlackEagle

Banned
Ive been doing a lot of research on these....and it seems like the single bevel creates a better wound channel while the double bevel has greater penetration. Who prefers what?

Ihunt

Ive been doing a lot of research on these....and it seems like the single bevel creates a better wound channel while the double bevel has greater penetration. Who prefers what?

For deer, I don't think it will matter. You should get an exit with either. The buck in the above photo is mine. 60 lbs. 28.5 in draw arrow weight 408 grains. Not a he-man bow but plenty for anything I hunt.

100hunter

They fly really well. Killed my first with one Monday morning, great blood trail and outstanding penetration. First time I've ever shot a deer quartering away and got a complete pass thru.

dgann611

Jim thats awesome that you've had so much success with the DRT heads. I am definitely gonna share this with the guys over at DNG. I am on their pro staff team and always looking for good success stories. Thanks again for sharing!

dgann611

You could look into getting the sharpener that DNG has in their store to sharpen them as well. Great to hear you had success with the head!

dgann611

Blackeagle - I would agree in the sense you can't go wrong. I shoot the double bevel and had complete pass through. I've even shot through my block target a couple time with them. Even with it blowing through the target and hitting the ground it stills ready to go into the woods.