GON Get-Together - 2017 - Rushville, Illinois (with a few pics to get us revved up!)

Jim Boyd

Hey Folks.

Many southerners will be heading north and west the first weekend of November.

West central Illinois will be the destination of many.

We will have our second annual get-together at Deb and Di's on Saturday night in Rushville. We will try to gather just past dark as many folks will be hunting that day.

Last year I believe we had about 12 to 14 guys and it was awesome in that in many cases, you had never seen many of the guys before. Knew their names, their GON handle, even talked to them on the phone - but never shook their hand.

Please join us if you can.

Last year they put us in a side dining room and even stayed open late for us. I will call and ask for that same hospitality again.

My cell, if I can assist in any way, is 803-479-8975. Call or text is fine.

I will be arriving that day / pulling cam cards and hope to have some pics to share. Attached are a few pics from my Labor Day work trip.

Many thanks!

Jim

Attachments

• IMG_0500.JPG
    IMG_0500.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 1,719
  • IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,707
Last edited:

HunterJoe24

Dang wish I was going up that way. That sounds fun plus those deer are like horses up there. That's a dream hunt for sure

kevincox

Wow! Very unique looking buck. I'm going to sure miss being up in W Illinois this year. Hate I missed you guys last year. Hung stands and scouted that day last year and we were worn out and stayed close to the motel. Good Luck this season!

Jim Boyd

Curtis - those are the ones you guys let walk!

This group is also some of the ones you folks had mercy on...

Attachments

• IMG_0501.jpg
    IMG_0501.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 1,651
  • IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,659
  • IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 1,652

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
Some bonified studs Jim.

Jim Boyd

Thanks all, for the comments.

No scouting and no stand hanging needed on my 340 acres.

I am gonna slip into a few areas and pull the cams (there are 20) and see if I can start to formulate a hunt plan.

Think we are at 29 days now - and I am thumbing this out from a deer stand in SC - so come on October and November.... the next six weeks are gonna be a ride.

Good luck, people!

chris41081

I'll be hunting illinois for the first time this year but rushville is far from where I'll be in Carrier Mills. Good luck to yall and be safe

Cwb19

You'll enjoy hunting that part of ill I grew up about20mile south of there. There are always some big deer killed in saline co. Good luck

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Will miss it by a couple of weeks. Will be north of there Nov 16th through the 20th.

Jim Boyd

Good luck Chris - they have a lot of monsters in that area of the state!

Spotlite, sound like you may be shotgun hunting - wish you the best, brother!

28 days !!!! (But who is counting?????)

olddawg89

Jim been waiting on this post, we'll be there for the meal and great fellowship. Maybe a little hunting too!!

cowhornedspike

I'll be a week late for this get together. Maybe next year.

Curtis-UGA

Jim I think I let like 25 bucks walk that week so you may be right!

Best of luck this season!!

flatsmaster

Jim those are some dandy's !!!! My son finally got his vacation approved :yeah:
Looks like the Clampetts will be loaded up and rolling on Thurs the 2nd and in a tree Fri afternoon ... hopefully I can get by on Sat for a visit with u fine gentlemen !!!

Jim Boyd

November is right around the corner!

Curtis - while you guys let many bucks live (which I appreciate!) you still went two for three on some great bucks!

I am proud for both of those facts!

Chuck - you guys might look like the Clampett's (as many of us do) but I have seen your trail cam pics and harvest photos - you are doing something right!

Come on guys - who else can show up for a GON get together?

Here is a pic of another Midwest beast from a buddy of mine's place.

Best of luck.

Attachments

• IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 922

BornToHuntAndFish

Great looking beasts, JB. Ought to be another mighty fine gathering for ya'll again this year. Expecting the Midwest to be all fired up for ya'll this season. Looking forward to the Midwest hunting reports & pulling for lots of success & intense hunting encounters for all.

Way to go get 'em folks.