Good Night, Mrs. Calabash...... (Director's Cut with Extra Features)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Been craving some Calabash seafood lately. But, I don't feel like driving 8 hours to get there, so I made some at home. Classic Calabash combo platter with fresh flounder (well, actually some fresh catfish I caught out of Clark's Hill this weekend,) and some fresh-caught little shrimp (I caught them at Ingle's,) along with some awesome homemade spicy cocktail sauce, fries, and jalapeno hushpuppies. It was very, very good.

calabash.jpg

Bonus tracks:

Smoked chicken taquitos with homemade jalapeno queso and fire-roasted tomatillo/poblano salsa verde:

taquitos.jpg

Chicken and shrimp stir-fry with saffron rice:

stirfry.jpg

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Got clean the slobber and tongue marks off my screen...AGAIN!

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
We went to Roy's (Steinhatchee) for lunch after church Sunday. It was delicious. Expensive but delicious.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We went to Roy's (Steinhatchee) for lunch after church Sunday. It was delicious. Expensive but delicious.
Had to Google that. Looks good!

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
It is. I had shrimp & catfish. Wife had scallops & shrimp. MIL had shrimp. Daughter had scallops. Son had shrimp & scallops. $119.00 (+ tip)
We don't go nearly as much as we used to. Prices just too high.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I am officially starving after looking at those pics. NO LIE, my stomach growled. :rofl:

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Well played, NCH.

Triple C

Another Holy Cow!!! post from NCH. I'll prolly go to my grave having never mastered some of the masterpieces on here, parts of this one included.

Dub

Dude....you gots it going on.....bigtime !!!!!

Stellar looking meals.

Big7

The Oracle
That looks like a well coordinated feast, is what I'd call it.

You gotta know from 10+ a few years of post' I love Catfish. You can make just about any fish recipe you want to and substitute
Cats.
Can't hardly see that going wrong.?

Big7

The Oracle
It is. I had shrimp & catfish. Wife had scallops & shrimp. MIL had shrimp. Daughter had scallops. Son had shrimp & scallops. $119.00 (+ tip)
We don't go nearly as much as we used to. Prices just too high.

I hear you. You can spend a few more bucks and go to Atlanta Fish Market and get the good stuff.

Same if you like steaks? Ruth's Chris does the best thay can. It's very good and worth about what it coats

But.... If you want to go BIG TIME - Morton's is where to go. It's not cheap. They have thier own ageing rooms. They get up to 200 and something days. It is really moldy until they trim it.

Anyhooo, sorry to jump track. That food you were talking about, sent me into orbit for a second. ??

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
I hear you. You can spend a few more bucks and go to Atlanta Fish Market and get the good stuff.

Same if you like steaks? Ruth's Chris does the best thay can. It's very good and worth about what it coats

But.... If you want to go BIG TIME - Morton's is where to go. It's not cheap. They have thier own ageing rooms. They get up to 200 and something days. It is really moldy until they trim it.

Anyhooo, sorry to jump track. That food you were talking about, sent me into orbit for a second. ??
I went to Mortons one time... on somebody else's dime thankfully. I still remember that steak.

Big7

The Oracle
I went to Mortons one time... on somebody else's dime thankfully. I still remember that steak.

I've been to both Atlanta locations, the one in
one in Charlotte, N.C. And the ORIGINAL LOCATION IN CHICAGO. If I'm not mistaken, the Charlotte location was the first "expansion" franchise locations. The first one in Chicago (original location) then a couple more in and around Chicago, then Charlotte, and one in Buckhead and later one in Midtown.

I consider myself a "pro" when it comes to beef. Especially the best cuts. A lot of my friends consider me a "pro" too..

In my opinion, Morton's IS THE BEST STEAK YOU CAN GET PERIOD. They use special equipment not available to the public. I guess you could get a 1000*f oven built for you but it would cost a fortune.

Anyway. I always get fired up talking about Morton's.
Ruth's Chris is very good. Nobody can touch Morton's. ???