Goodbye Gwinnett County!

Worley

Yessir....enjoy it
All fella!

Big7

The Oracle
After 37 years living in Gwinnett County, Mrs. 35 Whelen and I moved to Pickens County two weeks ago. Built a small house on top of a mountain right next to our daughter, son-in-law, and two grandchildren. Love it up here! Already have seen a number of bear and deer on the property. No traffic and very peaceful. Still feels like we rented a cabin in the mountains and are on vacation! Can't believe we actually live here now!

VERY GOOD TO HEAR !
You must feel like I did after living in Conyers/Rockdale for over 20 years.

Gwinnett is shot out. Covered up with undesirables. Main one's being MS-13.
Used to be considered an "up- scale" county.
Not been that way for a long time.

Hope you enjoy your new house in a new, decent county with good folks.. ???

Big7

The Oracle
You have relocated into the best part of Florida!

WOW... That's a lot of dirt. Are you single? Just curious how the better half is taking it.

Mine wouldn't even think about it. Would be fine with me in a monster camper or 5th wheel. I'd like to try that for a while. If for nothing else, a good place to camp recreationally as well as a "no address" "bug- out" place. Seriously. Hope it works out.

Good job man, my wife and I left a little over a year ago. It's weird not needing a full security system out in the country. Oh and we have hogs, yotes and deer on property.
Gwinnett has fallen.

bany

Spectacular, congratulations and enjoy!

NickDeer

After 37 years living in Gwinnett County, Mrs. 35 Whelen and I moved to Pickens County two weeks ago. Built a small house on top of a mountain right next to our daughter, son-in-law, and two grandchildren. Love it up here! Already have seen a number of bear and deer on the property. No traffic and very peaceful. Still feels like we rented a cabin in the mountains and are on vacation! Can't believe we actually live here now!
I live in cherokee, you’ll love it

Buckman18

Gwinnett County: Where the men are men and the sheep run scared.

Waddams

I live in Gwinnett. Hoping to escape one day but I'm still tied to it due to 50/50 custody for likely another 8-10 years. I'm currently 5 minutes away from my son's mom's house, makes the custody thing easy.

Also, I've actually got a great job based in Gwinnett. Would be tough to leave it unless something big changes with the company.

We're in a relatively safe area, middle of a neighborhood, not an edge where it's easy to smash, grab, and get out quick. Neighborhood is also in good shape overall, and it's not too far from downtown Lawrenceville which will hopefully keep improving with SouthLawn coming in. Should mean above average growth for my property value so when I am ready to escape, I've got a bag full of cash from appreciation.

All that said - I'm jealous. Would love to live somewhere besides Gwinnett. Moved here in 2006 and the way it's changed has not been for the better.

Deerhead

Jealous. I had an hour commute this week. Oh its only 11 miles. Yes its Gwinnett Co. I know you don't miss it. Neither would I. I am working on the wife deciding on where we are going to retire to in a few years.
Congratulations and enjoy!

jbird1

Lucky man! Sounds like the perfect setup with your daughter and grandkids so close. Enjoy!

Joe Brandon

Way to go! I grew up in Lilburn, attended Parkview. My Dad still lives in Lilburn. Sadly the county is nothing like it was when I was growing up. Unrecognizable! Congrats on the move. I keep trying to get Dad to move.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Congratulations on your escape from prison! I’m itp in Chamblee. Mrs elfiii and I are planning our jail break.

TomC

CONGRATS ON YOUR ESCAPE.

I remember moving to Norcross / P'tree Corners in 1980’. As I recall, the exit at Pleasant Hill was nothing more than a waffle house and a truck stop for the most part. REALLY NICE AREA, GREAT SCHOOLS, and I can remember mom dropping me off BY MYSELF to see movies at Greens Corners and/or play Galaga or Asteroids until I ran out of quarters. Doubt I’d step in that place today without carrying IWB. Graduated from Norcoss HS in 1990 when it was still a top school. In other words we had great golf and tennis teams. Football not so much:):) It all started going downhill shortly thereafter and the downward trend has spiraled since. I left Atlanta around 2000 and swore I’d never come back but had to a few years ago due to circumstances I never imagined. Currently planning my second escape and I WILL NEVER RETURN!!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
One day I hope to be your neighbor.....Congrats on a well deserved long term vacation!

greg j

Man you're lucky to have a wife who enjoys being out in the country. I have been trying to convince my wife to move to the sticks for a few years now but she likes
the subdivision life. She asked me once what would make me happy and i responded a "dirt floor cabin in the middle of the woods", she didn't think I was serious but i was.I still have my little dream of having a cabin on a few acres in the woods where i can hunt and fish.