Got hit by a drunk driver tonight...

Huntsman.45

Arrow3 Glad Your OK!

Everyone correct in saying that beating the elmoe out of that kid would have only put you in the hot seat. :banginghe But I know you would have felt much better if you could've knock some skin off his head :hammers: :hammers: It is better to let the law handle it!

Again glade your ok!

MoeBirds

PAYBACK :cool: !!!!

Next time you see an obvious drunk driver....don't call the cops!!!......

......ram your truck (preferably an old huntin clunker like mine) into his as hard as you can .....and then blame him for it :bounce: !!!

:smash: The cop's gonna believe the sober driver over the drunk any day of the week :D !!!

Get yourself a brand new truck :flag: !!!

1fishinfool

Arrow3 said:
He didnt have a license to begin with....

Sounds like you got yourself a pretty good civil case there my friend. :smash:

Arrow3

1fishinfool said:
Sounds like you got yourself a pretty good civil case there my friend. :smash:

Please explain how there would be a civil case involved here....Im not really intrested in doing something like that....Id just like to get paid for my damage and to run up on him again someday with noone else around.... :cool: :p

Btw...We had caught 6 bass....only 3 were keepers..

Snakeman

Glad you and Haven were not hurt, Arrow3.

The problem with this whole situation is, this young man has absolutely no respect for the law. He isn't old enough to legally drink, but that didn't stop him, he didn't have a driver's license, and that didn't stop him. He was in an accident, knew he was supposed to stay at the scene, and that didn't stop him.

Since he had two previous DUI's and no license, he probably isn't insured, either. That means that your uninsured motorist's insurance will probably have to fix your truck.

On the down side, (not sure there's an up side to this anywhere), a good lawyer will probably get him out of the DUI. Since he wasn't caught at the scene and tested for DUI, they could argue that he didn't drink anything until after he got home. I've seen this happen before (with a Sheriff as the guilty party, no less).

Keep us informed about the proceedings.

The Snakeman

Latest posts