Got us a new old vehicle

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I found a low mileage (112,000) 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee and decided to pick it up for a short trip, around town, grocery getter. It's the last year they used the old AMC 4 liter straight 6 cylinder engine that will run for over 250,000 miles if you take care of it. We had a 1998 model that we put over 265,000 miles on and just lucked up on this one, plus the Carfax came back with nothing major on it.
I had been looking for an older Buick with the 3.8 liter V6 but this will do. I did some maintenance stuff on it yesterday and will be taking it in for a couple of new tires and some shocks and suspension work on normal wear and tear stuff. Hopefully it will be as good to us as the last one was.
IMG_0363.jpeg

Redbow

Looks like that vehicle was taken care of. Wouldn't mind one myself if I could find a good clean one like I see in your post. Good luck with it.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
You gonna fix it up like Jay`s Jeeps?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Brimberry? Didn't he put tires on them so big he needed a ladder to get in? :LOL:

Yea, talking about our ol` buddy Brimberry. He`s got his two rigs fixed up nice. Still getting the last one some new additions.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
No, this one won't see any terrain rougher than the Ingles parking lot. :LOL:
If that's the case then you need to take it over to HUMMV and get them to "up armor" it plus add run flat battle tires. Folks be cray-cray in them grocery store park'n lots. ::ke:
Nice ride, hope you get as much out of it as you want.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
If that's the case then you need to take it over to HUMMV and get them to "up armor" it plus add run flat battle tires. Folks be cray-cray in them grocery store park'n lots. ::ke:
Nice ride, hope you get as much out of it as you want.
It's safer to park in the back of the parking lot. Nobody wants to fight and run over you for those parking spots and I need the exercise anyway. :LOL:
If I can get 150,000 more miles out of this one like we did the first one, it will last all the way until I'm retired and ready to drop more money on a vehicle. Of course, who knows what we'll have to drive then?

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I bought this 2000 about 8 years ago for 4000.00 cash. Carfax was clean as well. It's been a great reliable vehicle. It's got the 4.0 straight six in it too. I've got around 4000.00 in repairs in it too.20220823_133308.jpg20220823_134143.jpg It'll last me till I die, I'm not buying any more new vehicles.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
I bought this 2000 about 8 years ago for 4000.00 cash. Carfax was clean as well. It's been a great reliable vehicle. It's got the 4.0 straight six in it too. I've got around 4000.00 in repairs in it too.View attachment 1241941View attachment 1241942 It'll last me till I die, I'm not buying any more new vehicles.
Yep, you sound exactly like me. The interior on this one looks about the same as yours. If it's anything like the first one, most of the repairs will be minor wear and tear stuff. I plan to spend a little money on it now just so I know stuff has been fixed and maintenance is up to date and then not have to spend anything on it for a while.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
You're like me, Little Brother. You buy one and drive it till it just won't go anymore then finally get another one. I've only had 6 vehicles in my life and I plan for my present Tacoma to last me the rest of my life.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Anybody know a good but less expensive tire for these? My old trusted tire dealer retired and I can't remember what brand we put on our old jeep. These are 225/75R16.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
You're like me, Little Brother. You buy one and drive it till it just won't go anymore then finally get another one. I've only had 6 vehicles in my life and I plan for my present Tacoma to last me the rest of my life.
I hope you live longer than that or do you just plan to quit driving and let Warren chauffeur you around? :LOL: