Great customer service received from Staccato (formerly STI)

Dub

I recently added a 2011 (model P DPO) from Staccato (formerly STI ).

Essentially it's a double stack 1911 that's geared toward duty use even though it has some competition proven features.

The gun performs very much to my satisfaction......with one small exception: the ambi safety created a pinch point that showed up really early on in the initial range runs.

I contacted Staccato and asked if there was anything that could be done to correct this.

The head of their "Customer Experience Team" called & emailed me. She put me in touch with one of their gunsmiths and asked me to talk it over with him. He said right away that he had a similar complaint from one of their LE trainers and he'd developed a solution that he could also do on my gun. It was a blended ambi safety with smoothly radiuses edges. We both agreed that would likely resolve it....as it was similar to some other gun that feel great in hand.

They set me up with an RMA and I dropped my gun off with UPS the next day.

Two weeks later, today, it arrived at my FFL.

Didn't have time to shoot it, but activating & deactivating it both right & left-handed felt super. Zero pinch point.

Looking forward to Monday when I can hopefully get some trigger time with it.

These folks from Texas even left me with a nice little gift in the what had been an empty magwell. (y)

Good stuff.

Hopefully they'll roll out this same style ambi on their 2022 lineup.

bullgator

I find most of the gun industry has great service. This is a great example.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

I find most of the gun industry has great service. This is a great example.

I believe you are right.

We just gotta all keep buying ‘em.

And keep buying AR’s. Ensure they remain “in common use”.

bullgator

I believe you are right.

We just gotta all keep buying ‘em.

And keep buying AR’s. Ensure they remain “in common use”.
Over the last 15-20 years or so ( guess since 2004), I’ve seen the firearms brought to the ranges quickly change from traditional sport/hunting rifles, to AR and other MSR types. So much so that on many days it’s 80% or more.
Today however, I did get a chance to fire two rounds out of a Sharps 45-70 loaded with black powder and 500 grain cast boolits.
:biggrin2:

pacecars

Over the last 15-20 years or so ( guess since 2004), I’ve seen the firearms brought to the ranges quickly change from traditional sport/hunting rifles, to AR and other MSR types. So much so that on many days it’s 80% or more.
Today however, I did get a chance to fire two rounds out of a Sharps 45-70 loaded with black powder and 500 grain cast boolits.
:biggrin2:

You are hooked now

pacecars

Just what I would need.....another place to spend money! facepalm:

I blame Quigley partially but once I fired my first Sharps with a black powder load, 8 Shilohs later and I may have it under control except for the .40-90 SBN I have always wanted.

Sorry to highjack the thread

Dub

I blame Quigley partially but once I fired my first Sharps with a black powder load, 8 Shilohs later and I may have it under control except for the .40-90 SBN I have always wanted.

Sorry to highjack the thread

No apologies needed.

Here’s hoping you get that .45-90 you’ve always wanted. ??